Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have and OxyCheck analyzer with the pro DIN flow limiter. I also just built a gauge on a T with DIN mail on one side and DIN female on the other for measuring booster output. This conversation made me realize I could put them together for this purpose. Seems a lot simpler and cheaper than using a first stage that could fail and needs maintenance. I don't see any need for medium pressure either as the flow limiter is designed to got directly on the valve. And easier to keep O2 clean.

Get a DIN fill assembly w/ a gauge port, add a gauge (or one that comes with it), and a female DIN w/ 1/4" NPT at the other end (might need a NPT nipple), and then use a DIN flow restrictor like the OhyCheq....

Nothing to service going forward...

All the parts are easily sourced (August Industries comes to mind, but there are other sources too)

YMMV

@Jeremy Williams mine is 300 bar. This is an identical reg and says 300bar. I'm wondering if it's a DGX typeo or if they spec'd a 200bar to make it smaller
Balance Piston Din First Stage

That all said, I'm with @rhwestfall and avoiding a first stage as something dedicated for it. Now if you're going to just use your say O2 bottle regulator for everything then I'm OK with it, but there are other din adapters out there that can have CMF's put on them for analyzers

I already have one of the DGX drysuit inflator regs. I can check it on one of my PST tanks.

The Oxycheq Deluxe DIN Flow Restrictor is $95! That's more than a 1st stage reg. Not sure I can see it being worth the extra money. I don't see the maintenance on a cheap 1st stage being particularly expensive. The regs are so cheap, I could just about treat them as expendable. One will probably last a REALLY long time, anyway, as long as I take normal, basic good care of it.

All that said, a basic DIN fitting with a gauge mounted into it and then the Divesoft flow limiter screwed into it sounds more expensive but also lower maintenance AND more streamlined. Anybody got a link to a suitable DIN fitting and gauge that would mount on it (without a HP hose required)? I looked at the August Industries website and didn't see one.

@tbone1004, I might do that as a temp solution. But, my goals are several:

- I want to have an analyzer kit that is complete and stays together, self-contained at all times. Having my drysuit inflator do double duty would inevitably result in either not having the 1st stage with the analyzer when I need to analyze a tank, or not having it in my reg bag when I am gearing up to splash using my inflator bottle.

- My drysuit inflator reg just has a button gauge on it. I only need it verify that it's (more-or-less) full. For an analyzer rig, I would like to have an SPG that is more accurate and precise.

I foresee assembling the trimix analyzer into a Pelican-clone case with foam that is sized and setup so everything, including all the hoses, 1st stage/flow limiter, etc. are all packed in there, so I can just pick it up and go to the shop to pick up and analyze tanks. I want to even have a DIN-to-yoke adapter stored in there, so I can use my kit even on a yoke tank. Not that I would have trimix in a tank with a yoke valve, but so I don't have to mess with keeping a separate Nitrox analyzer.

Yes, I know that a shop giving me a trimix fill will/should have an analyzer, so I don't need to bring one. But, I've already had a decent number of times where I've brought my own mix, done a dive or two, then gone to a shop for a top-up where the shop does not have helium, so they don't have a trimix analyzer. But, because my tanks have helium in them, I need a trimix analyzer to check them when the fill is done.

Anybody got a link to a suitable DIN fitting and gauge that would mount on it (without a HP hose required)? I looked at the August Industries website and didn't see one.

This would be quite compact...

(see where you can find different prices, but here is a start)

I'd put this together in a heartbeat...

Din to 1/4'' Male NPT

$59.95
upload_2018-10-19_12-50-40.png

August Industries - Tee, Male Run 1/4

$5.80

upload_2018-10-19_12-51-56.png

August Industries - DIN Adapter, 200 BAR

$34.00

upload_2018-10-19_12-53-18.png

Deluxe Din Flow Restrictor

$78.00

upload_2018-10-19_12-55-17.png

August Industries - OXYGEN GAUGE 4000 PSI

$38.00

upload_2018-10-19_12-56-29.png

Thanks, @rhwestfall. I can see how that would work. But, it also looks pretty expensive - even if I found cheaper prices for some of the parts.

Presuming the DGX drysuit inflator fits a 300 bar DIN and is O2 clean, that seems like it really might be the way to go.

considering what we really spend on equipment, this is really "pennies"....

Shoot, that is less than a dinner out.....

You are thinking nothing of a second Teric.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom