Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

considering what we really spend on equipment, this is really "pennies"....

Shoot, that is less than a dinner out.....

You are thinking nothing of a second Teric.....

A second Teric paid for by selling my Perdix AI and Atom.... :)

I'd do that setup in a minute for an analyzer for the shop, but that's a lot of hardware, weight and bulk for toting around on vacation were every pound starts to count.

I'd love it if someone would build a flow limiter with a port for a gauge. Until then I'll just keep doing it in two steps.

I bring an analyzer with a BC flow connector with me everywhere.
The gauge is my regulator.

You can expect these things to clog up eventually and the flow rate to drop (sometimes to zero)
Deluxe Din Flow Restrictor
If you're lucky you and take the nipple off the downstream end, blow junk out you can restore it, otherwise its a paperweight. Its about 10x the weight of the BC nipple version

Its about 10x the weight of the BC nipple version

And what happens to the BC version if you put 3000 psi to the front end of it????

20181020_173637.jpg

And what happens to the BC version if you put 3000 psi to the front end of it????
I don't lol.

I use a reg with a BC whip. I have tons of regs and I bring them on every trip anyway. And at least 2 or 3 of them have BC whips on them for my bc, o2 mav on my Meg CCR etc. Having another gauge is just weight I don't need.

I received my Divesoft analyzer today. I ordered it with the Divesoft hose and their BCD nipple flow limiter. I assembled it with my drysuit inflator reg and tried it out. It works but I realized the big flaw in that plan. No convenient way to bleed the pressure off. Turning off the valve and waiting for it to bleed down through the hose with the flow limiter takes literally a couple of minutes.

But, I have one of the "Accurate Cylinder Pressure Checkers" like you used here:

Incorporating that would solve the problem of bleeding off the pressure when done.

I'm looking at your picture and trying to figure out a couple of things:

There's not a flow limiter shown, right? The flow limiter would screw into the left end of the assembly in the picture? It looks like maybe there's a plug threaded into the hole right now?

What is the parts list, beyond the DGX cylinder pressure checker? It looks like an NPT tee? And a DIN adapter like what Bob had posted earlier? But, I can't how the connection is made from the Tee to the DIN connection piece that was originally part of the cylinder pressure checker. The Tee is female and that part of the pressure checker would be female, too, right?

At this point, I'm becoming less concerned with keeping it cheap and just want something that works well and is reasonably compact. That assembly you showed, with the Deluxe DIN flow restrictor from NESS that Bob posted earlier, might be just the ticket.

Alternatively, @rhwestfall looking at the parts list you posted before, is there something in there that I am not seeing that would let me quickly bleed off the pressure in the line?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom