Added to the count today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It’s my day off and I had just removed around 20 bikes out of the shop so I’d have room to work on a few others. At around 0745 the phone rings and the caller ID points to the Marine Sgt. making the call. I answer and he asks me if I want to go get a body out of the river. He was serious so I agree and get the directions which is just about 6 miles away.

I get there around 0810 and yup, it’s a body alright and he had been in the water a while. Now we waited for a while for a detective to show up and handle the investigation.

He arrives and the scene is turned over to him and we assist with measurements, photos and eventually the recovery which wasn’t that easy due to the shallow water, slippery rocks and the current.

We have some suspicions on how he may have arrived at his watery camp site but he didn’t have any ID on him. Just a guess but I’m betting on a 120309 entry date.
:idk:

It's a fine place to visit and live. The comedian Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid". You just can’t imagine how many suspects we chase that will head for the water to get away. Winter or summer they are all invincible.

We don’t know who this victim is yet or if he is one of our runners. It’s just sad that we lost another one.

Here is the local paper article: http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_dfe907a2-ae7b-58c4-9931-e1c5fca2292e.html

Last edited:
Hummmmm, he has been ID and was reported missing on 120309. Now how did I suspect that? Dicks are still working the case so you'll just have to wait a while longer. hehehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom