ADO From Terminal 4 CUN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anyone caught the ADO bus from CUN Terminal 4 yet (to PDC)? If so, how to you get to it?

We are flying SouthWest and in the past we landed at Terminal 2. In November 2017 we landed at Terminal 2 but departed from Terminal 4 in December so I'm guessing that's when they switched over and we will probably be landing at Terminal 4 this time.

There are two exits from the terminal. One is marked "For Friends and Family", the other is "Ground Transportation."
Follow the Ground signs, and you'll see the same covered areas as the other terminals, (except T-1 :)).

It is recommended that you purchase tickets inside rather than the booth outside, as the one purchased inside locks in your departure time, and ensures you have a seat. Apparently that's not the case for those tickets purchased at the booth.

In my experience, the bus is never completely full and often people don't sit in their assigned seats anyway.

It is recommended that you purchase tickets inside rather than the booth outside, as the one purchased inside locks in your departure time, and ensures you have a seat. Apparently that's not the case for those tickets purchased at the booth.

I respectfully disagree - unless you purchase inside after getting luggage - otherwise you ae locked into a time and may not get out there in time. If buying at the booth at the actual bus - you get the next departure time - this has beenmyexperience multiple times.

I respectfully disagree - unless you purchase inside after getting luggage - otherwise you ae locked into a time and may not get out there in time. If buying at the booth at the actual bus - you get the next departure time - this has beenmyexperience multiple times.

Been doing a lot of flying?
T-4 didn't open until October 28.
Who, in their right mind, would arrange ground transportation before getting their luggage?
You're not going to get the next departure time if the bus is sold out, which could easily happen during a busy time -- gotta add the tickets purchased in all 4 terminals.

Been doing a lot of flying?
T-4 didn't open until October 28.
Who, in their right mind, would arrange ground transportation before getting their luggage?
You're not going to get the next departure time if the bus is sold out, which could easily happen during a busy time -- gotta add the tickets purchased in all 4 terminals.

Last flight in from USA was Nov 6 on SW into new terminal - and yes between CUN and MX City or Merida frequent trips since then

I clarified that because they have (or HAD) a kiosk to buy bus and ferry tickets before clearing customs.

Another time, I bought a bus ticket after getting my luggage but before getting out to bus (as soon as exiting customs) - and didn't pay attention(my fault) that they had put me on a bus leaving in 5 minutes - no way was I going to get out there in 5 minutes - missed that one and it was an ordeal to get ticket switched to next bus

So recommendation is if purchasing befre going out to bus, make sure to give yourself time to hit the baños and get out there when getting departure time assignment - I've personally never had trouble getting bus ticket for next bus by just walking out there -

There are two exits from the terminal. One is marked "For Friends and Family", the other is "Ground Transportation."
Follow the Ground signs, and you'll see the same covered areas as the other terminals, (except T-1 :)).

My aunt and uncle did did two weeks ago. No issues.

I've seen a full bus once. But that is the rarity. Don't know about the difference buying inside or out. Seems logical the "office" tickets might get priority over the curb side... I've only bought the curb side.

Enjoy the journey.

You're not going to get the next departure time from the inside counter either, if the bus is sold out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom