Adopt A Shark Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAsharkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Underwater Education & Training Center of New England will be launching their "Adopt A Shark" program this coming spring. Anyone who loves, cares about or simply enjoys sharks may "adopt" a Blacktip Shark (Carcharhinus limbatus) for a donation amount, which has yet to be determined.

In exchange for a donation, the proud "parent(s)" will receive a color photograph of their shark, an Adoption Certificate, a brief story relating to their particular shark and a brochure about the Blactip Shark species.

As many here already know, Blacktips have a unique identifying 'black tip' on their dorsal fin, which is how will allow people to select their shark from our web site.

A portion of donations will go to support shark research and a portion will go to support the Jim Sands Memorial Marine Educational Scholarship program.

UPDATE 02/08/2005: We are currently in the process of preparing the documents and acquiring the photos of aproximately a dozen individual sharks. This program is scheduled to get underway sometime in April or May!

Thank you for all of the interest! (Oh, by the way, Patriots Dynasty!!!)

More information can be found at www.underwatereducation.org :eyebrow:

groovy, i've always wanted one of those!! this way i can get it and won't have to buy the aquarium, feed it and figure out how to take it for a walk!!

Cool! Since my husband won't let me rescue another dog.....

Keep us posted!

MAsharkDiver:
More information can be found at www.underwatereducation.org :eyebrow:

Awesome... but didn't see anything on the site yet... did I miss something? or can you keep us informed of when additional info will be available?

I'm in.... I would love to see someone walking a shark in downtown New York.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom