Advanced Adventure Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrossjr79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a quick question, first off I need to say I was certified about 15 yrs ago, and I only got the 5 dives logged that I needed to get my certification. So I know my first step is to get a refresher course, which I will be planning on to do sometime in 2011. I have to buy all my equipment again. Dont like rentals.

Anyway onto my question. I was roaming around SSI's site. Is taking the advanced adventurer class good, or a waste of money? Other words should I take that course or just start jumping right into the specialty courses full fledged?

I know what courses I want to take to achieve my AOW, plus a few more that I would like to get right off the bat.

In no particular order:
Wreck Diving
Deep Diving
Night/limited Visibility
Digital Underwater Photo
Sea5rch and Recovery
Navigation
Diver stress & Rescue

Also another question, is it a good idea to get certified still through SSI, or could I go through PADI. Reason I ask is the PADI shop is closer than the SSI shop to where I live, plus it seems to be a bit nicer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom