Advanced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So yesterday I got two dives in. I had finally got my new rig and was the first time getting it wet so I chose to go to a fresh water site to have more of a controlled environment as well as less weight. I had a buddy who is a friend that has around 30 years of experience and a lot of patience. I also decided to try steel 100s as opposed to the steel 80s I had been using. I learned quite a bit just watching and practicing breathing that I started controlling bouyancy with breathing alone. The first dive was on the 100 and I got 57 Minutes and got out with 500 PSI, the second was on the 80 and got 56 Minutes and got out with 600 PSI. My buddy and a few other local divers commented on the improvement.

The point is I'm thinking of skipping any bouyancy classes and just practicing that. I'll focus more on other things for training.

Bouyancy classes are not really, needed if you dont have mayor struggle with it.

Keep diving.
Air consumption will improve over time. The more relaxed you are, the less you breath.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom