Adventure Lion dry bags?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being a whitewater rafter I use dry bags extensively. While these may be a good price, I would certainly shy away from them. I have never found good dry bags on ebay or amazon. Try Northwest River Supply for common sizes. If you need a custom size try Jack's Plastic Welding.
RichH

Thanks, Rich. For the price, I took the plunge. Seems very well made. We will see how she does in a couple of weeks!

Thanks, Rich. For the price, I took the plunge. Seems very well made. We will see how she does in a couple of weeks!

Let me know how they work. I am always interested in saving a little money.
RichH

I have one of them too. Bought one after a pretty bad dive trip where all I could think of was my car keys and phone disappearing because I didn't have a dry bag.

Now that I've bought it though, I haven't been on the boat in a bit so it's still just in my gear bag waiting. :dance:

After six days in Cozumel, I can report that the dry bag worked perfectly.

Let me know how they work. I am always interested in saving a little money.
RichH

I posted about these bags today looking to see if anyone else had some feedback on them...I'm thinking I'll take the plunge too. The reviews look good and can't beat amazon on free shipping.

I'll update y'all after I test 'em out.

So I got my Adventure Lion bag in the mail the other day and took it out to the waterfall. I got a green one. It's kind of an olive drab color. Packaging was standard Amazon, 2 day. I got the 10L

Out of the box impression: Feels like a nice solid material without lots of vulnerable creases. The buckles and straps don't feel cheap or crappy. The shoulder strap was really useful. I feel like if it didn't have a shoulder strap, I'd be using the buckle to hold the bag's weight which is never ideal. Not sure what other companies do to avoid this problem. The closure process is super simple, instructions printed on the bag.

In action: worked as advertised. It was moisture resistant throughout the drizzle, and then after I got to the waterfall I put it right in the spray, let it float some, gave it a dunk and all that. Everything dry after.

I used it to store my backup layering, wallet, and phone. Did so fairly comfortably. But I'll warn that the bags get a lot smaller after you roll them up. So the 10L is probably good enough for a light change of clothes and a few small possessions for one person. The 5L would probably be mainly phones and wallets. I'll probably pick up one of the 20L ones when they're back in stock, that's probably suitable for couples.

All in all I'm satisfied. There might be better dry dry bags for the hardcore type, but for <30 bucks with amazon prime and all that, hard to beat.

I don't know about Adventure Lion bags, but in my travels I've found two brands to be durable and good. Sea to Summit is great quality, and I recently tried the Laughing Lion dry bag. It held up nicely on my recent scuba trip in Bali.

Back
Top Bottom