Advice for 1st trip to Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course you will have a car because the places you are mentioning are away from the dive op areas. On the Big Island I've used both Big Island and Jacks, my current preference is Big Island.

Other palces to visit were mentioned like "place of refuge", where just outside of this historic spot there is a great place to snorkel...you could probably take turns as one watches your child and the other snorkels. Also if you have time the volcano is very interesting.

On Maui I would suggest diving off Molokini...so I guess you would have to take turns again. If you do dive off Molokini then of course you would need a car again, it's not like Cayman where they come to pick you up at your hotel/condo. Also I bet diving with Shaka Doug would be a great shore dive as I've heard he knows the areas well.

I did it with Big Island Divers. They were great, but I know the folks at Jacks as well, they are all terrific:)

We love to lead shore dives on Maui, but I love Shaka Doug as well! You can't go wrong with him. He loves to dive at least as much as we do:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom