Advice for diving with one fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For an update... I bought some used size L Force Fin "vintage" on ebay. They seem promising and I've been dying to try them in a local pool but they are still quite large even with booties. I bought Comfort Insteps from the manufacturer but once delivered they were STOLEN FROM MY LOBBY. D$78mi##T!!!! Seriously, I was tracking the delivery and they were only in my lobby for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I am totally willing to buy another set from Force Fin but I'd rather not have to pay. I reported this to the post office and my landlord blahblah.

That said, I'm going diving in a few weeks, I have a bum foot, and I think these might help me a lot, so if anyone has some (or even one) comfort instep for Force Fins that you would like to sell (or just send) I'd be mighty appreciative!!

And a final report - I dove in Hawaii with the used force fins from ebay and they helped a lot!! Every other fin ground my crappy senseless skin to the bone, but I dove every day for a week (albeit very gentle easy dives) - ~ 15 dives total, and there was minimal damage to the foot! Success! Thanks to everyone who gave feedback here.

A thought:

Call Dano and buy ONE of these: Freedive Hunter Freediving Fins | MAKO Spearguns (I'd bet he would do that)

They have the most comfortable foot pocket that I've tried and the fins still work with a long slow kick. I wasn't sure at first, but starting to love them.

-and no diver has just one [-]set of fins[/-] fin. :D

Hi all,

I have a crushed, mis-shapen right foot with an old failing skin graft that has been getting severely shredded and infected with finning in the past 2 years. TMI? Sorry! Already tried multiple different fins, custom fins drummelled by a prosthetics/orthotics professional, wrapping the foot with various things... nothing has worked so far.

I want to try just diving with one fin on the left. Wondering if others do one-fin diving? Is it safe when in a current? Does it affect trim? I saw some people say they just cross the finless leg and do a dolphin kick. does that work? Are there types of dives that should be avoided if just using one fin? Other techniques?

Alternately, any other ideas for fin use that won't shred a weirdly shaped thin skinned foot?

Thanks!!
Hi, I have been diving for over 40 years with one leg. I use one fin and jump in. A little extra hand paddle keeps me straight. I carry a spear gun too. Not a big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom