Advice for New Divers at Oronogo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bubbler is actually supposed to break up the nitrate layer at about 100-110' that the algae feeds off of. Over time it is supposed to clear up the water. I am hoping that we see good results from this. John and Regina have other plans if this does not work up to expectations.

When you gonna be up to dive with us, Omni? :)

DW

Thanks for the invite DW. I am going to hit the water around 2 in the evening of the 4th of July and 5th of july. I hope the air temparture cooperates cause suiting up before getting in can be extremely hot.

On the other hand I will say John and regina have done well to invest in making the water clearer. I know all the reports I have got back talk about how bad the visibility is in all of the area lakes yet I was shocked by the clarity of the water in Oronogo. The thermocline has improved in not being a 90 degree surface to a 50 degree at 30 feet drop.

Im in hopes we have a good turnout on the holiday weekend and get to meet new people maybe :)

There are 12-15 of us that are going to be there at least some of the days that weekend. I am sure that there will be some others there, as well.

DW

We made it up a few times last July and August. I am recovering from Surgery so I have a 50/50 chance of being able to dive on July 4th weekend. Worst case is that I will come up in August.

Well I hope you get to make it Omni :) good luck with the recovery!

Yes, I second a speedy recovery. Hope things heal well for you. Look forward to you coming up.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom