Advice on my first run through of a G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just want to take the time to say a big thank you to all of you for having patience with my questions and steer me in the right direction for everything from tools, to procedures, to o-rings.

Super big thank you till all of you that have helped in in different ways, including @herman and @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose even though haven't done it here in the thread.

An extra shout out to @rsingler who has gone out of his way to help me with everything from spare parts to guidance and identifying parts. What a hero!

Congrats! I just wanted to add that I find the doublehook o-ring pick from scubatools to be extremely useful, and I think it's less risky than other picks for removing the HP o-ring from a MK10. It's designed to do tasks exactly like that. You can sand off the tip a bit if you're concerned. Basically I bury the tip in the o-ring which destroys the o-ring but provides a nice rubber sheath for protecting the journal from getting scratched.

I would highly suggest herman's MK10 o-ring insertion tool if you don't have it. It saves a great deal of time and aggravation.

Congrats! I just wanted to add that I find the doublehook o-ring pick from scubatools to be extremely useful, and I think it's less risky than other picks for removing the HP o-ring from a MK10. It's designed to do tasks exactly like that. You can sand off the tip a bit if you're concerned. Basically I bury the tip in the o-ring which destroys the o-ring but provides a nice rubber sheath for protecting the journal from getting scratched.

I would highly suggest herman's MK10 o-ring insertion tool if you don't have it. It saves a great deal of time and aggravation.

I got Herman's oring tool bit hsvent gotten a Double hook pick yet. Main reason is that scubatool charges $35 in shipping for a pick over here or $10 if I send it to someone in US first, so I'll see if I can source that locally first :)

If you need any help with Apeks, give me a shout. If you give me your email,I can send you all Apeks service materials.

If you need any help with Apeks, give me a shout. If you give me your email,I can send you all Apeks service materials.

That's awesome! I'll send you a pm right away!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom