Advice on Upgrading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tubbyka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I've got a Sealife Reefmaster mini combo with camera and external flash. I really enjoy it, but find the picture quality to be less than what I'm wanting. I've shot this setup for 2 years now and want to keep pushing the quality. Where do I go from here? I don't think I want to get into the big boy equipment with SLR's. I think my budget and my experience would make the point and shoot systems the best route for me.

I have been looking at the Sealife 1000 elite, 1200 elite, and some of the Sea and SEa setups. I can't spend over
$1000, so my choices are limited.

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Holidays,

I have the Sea&Sea DX-1g and have been very happy with it. I have seen new 1G cameras on ebay for as low as $470. The extra money could be used to purchase a strobe which is really needed to get the color for pics under 20-30 feet. The DX-2G is a better option but it will bump you up to your $1000 limit without a strobe. You can check my gallery link for examples of pics taken with the 1G.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom