Advice on what store

What store?

• Sunreef

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Scubaworld

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saph

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi

So i need some advice as to what dive store to use ive got 2 choices only

Scuba Diving in Sunshine Coast, Brisbane | Scuba World
or
Sunreef :: Home

Im asking this advice as i want one that can help train me not only just to dive but be the best i can as i am planing on a cruise to the gbr next year with my mum and have seen the johnathen birds blue world on it (yes im a fan) and i want to go do it for myself before i move to victoria and dont get much of a chance.

Thanks for any adivce
Saph

I have plenty of experience with both, since I'm diving up there regularly...
They are bot great, but of course they have also some grey area...

Sunreef is more friendly, they have a better boat(s) and is generally cheaper.
However, they have the tendency to push your dive (especially the afternoon one), and don't let you dive for 50 minutes unless you really ask or push...
On the other hand, Scuba World, is more fair on that aspect: they let you dive in peace and with your pace with out the feeling of "com'on, let get the **** out of the water"...
However, the boat is a little bit more tiny, they usually go back to the harbour for SI (which I found a great waste of gas) and it's more expensive.

Regarding the courses, Sunreef is PADI, while Scuba World is SSI.
I have the feeling that with Sunreef will be more relaxed and easy, while with Scuba World will be a little bit more "serious".
I did my courses with others group, but for example, I used Scuba World service for my deep certification and my Tec40.
Honestly speaking, they both have great instructors and DMs, they are over all good scuba store, and they are both more than qualified to teach you (and that's why i didn't vote), so I think it's up to you to decide.
Go there, talk to them and see what do they offer to you and how you feel with them...

Maybe next time you'll see me on the boat: I'm the one with the big beard...

I have plenty of experience with both, since I'm diving up there regularly...
They are bot great, but of course they have also some grey area...

Sunreef is more friendly, they have a better boat(s) and is generally cheaper.
However, they have the tendency to push your dive (especially the afternoon one), and don't let you dive for 50 minutes unless you really ask or push...
On the other hand, Scuba World, is more fair on that aspect: they let you dive in peace and with your pace with out the feeling of "com'on, let get the **** out of the water"...
However, the boat is a little bit more tiny, they usually go back to the harbour for SI (which I found a great waste of gas) and it's more expensive.

Regarding the courses, Sunreef is PADI, while Scuba World is SSI.
I have the feeling that with Sunreef will be more relaxed and easy, while with Scuba World will be a little bit more "serious".
I did my courses with others group, but for example, I used Scuba World service for my deep certification and my Tec40.
Honestly speaking, they both have great instructors and DMs, they are over all good scuba store, and they are both more than qualified to teach you (and that's why i didn't vote), so I think it's up to you to decide.
Go there, talk to them and see what do they offer to you and how you feel with them...

Maybe next time you'll see me on the boat: I'm the one with the big beard...

Thanks im just looking for one that wont push me hard and fast into this hence the thread since im mostly wanting to learn to dive so i can do local fishing site cleans and maybe save some cash on lead sinkers and the like (yes im a fisherman aswell) and i know some local snags well that will have plently of gear on them and plus it will be neat to see if i can spot the local ray that i know hangs about some of the big fishing spots. Plus it means next year i can do the gbr hopfuly

save some cash?
hilarious

better then 10 dollars for 6 sinkers (with each being $5 for $3 at kmart) and needing to get more every other week or so because people like hitting snags and busting the line instead of letting me get it off. plus the boardwalk in town after a good week of fishers is knowen to have claimed plenty.

And yes i know diving wont save me cash but hey it will help keep a good bit of line out of the water (watched someone strip line from their reel and just cut it off instead of the smallest amount possible and not cause a issue for boaties)

better then 10 dollars for 6 sinkers (with each being $5 for $3 at kmart) and needing to get more every other week or so because people like hitting snags and busting the line instead of letting me get it off. plus the boardwalk in town after a good week of fishers is knowen to have claimed plenty.

And yes i know diving wont save me cash but hey it will help keep a good bit of line out of the water (watched someone strip line from their reel and just cut it off instead of the smallest amount possible and not cause a issue for boaties)
actually, fishing line are a big pollution problem, and honestly that's just another reason of why I don't like (hate, more appropriate) fishing
so don't even go in that direction and focus on diving

actually, fishing line are a big pollution problem, and honestly that's just another reason of why I don't like (hate, more appropriate) fishing
so don't even go in that direction and focus on diving
i like fishing for the calming effect catch and relese only and yea i know how much a pain fishing line is for the fish why im going to help clean up where i fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom