Advice please: replacing power inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phillipus2005

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
Can anyone explain how to replace a BCD power inflator? It looks like just a couple of cable ties but i've seen somewhere that you need to use silicon glue of some kind...

Would really appreciate advice from someone who's done this...

Thanks in advance

thanks @rivers. I don't mean to be dense but what is the difference between putting on a new unit and replacing existing inflator one?

For avoidance of doubt - i'd like to fit one of these: Halcyon OEM Power Inflator (or something similar) to my existing corrugated hose...

Thanks again

thanks @rivers. I don't mean to be dense but what is the difference between putting on a new unit and replacing existing inflator one?

For avoidance of doubt - i'd like to fit one of these: Halcyon OEM Power Inflator (or something similar) to my existing corrugated hose...

Thanks again

Just cut off the cable ties, take the inflator out of the hose, put the new inflator into the corrugated hose, tighten up a few cable ties, trim them down. Job is done

It's easy to do yourself. I did it the 1st time in maybe 10 mins, then immediately much faster the 2nd and 3rd times (because the 1st installation was on the wrong BCD :)

You guys are missing a step (possibly) if the BC has a shoulder dump then there will be a steel pin under the hose. You have to push the pin part of the way out, slide off the cable to remove the inflator, the cable operates the shoulder dump. Do the reverse when installing the new one. Usually the pin moves freely but some get corroded to the point they require a little effort to move. If you do not reinstall the cable, the shoulder dump will not work. I never use them but some do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom