Advice please: replacing power inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a minor point, but low-profile cable ties and a small pair of side cutters make a lot cleaner installation. They're great for mouthpieces too.

Lance
I'm rather fond of the special scubapro ties for mouthpieces. They're perfectly sized so nothing to cut off and the opening to put the end through is slightly angled and all rounded.

I'm rather fond of the special scubapro ties for mouthpieces. They're perfectly sized so nothing to cut off and the opening to put the end through is slightly angled and all rounded.

Link please? I Googled and I don't think this is what you mean:

Amazon.com : ScubaPro Mouthpiece Zip Tie Strap : Diving Regulator Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

I'd like to how something can be sized so there is nothing left to cut off and yet there is enough to put one end through and make it tight. Do you push it in to get it tight, instead of the usual pull to tighten?

Link please? I Googled and I don't think this is what you mean:

Amazon.com : ScubaPro Mouthpiece Zip Tie Strap : Diving Regulator Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

I'd like to how something can be sized so there is nothing left to cut off and yet there is enough to put one end through and make it tight. Do you push it in to get it tight, instead of the usual pull to tighten?
I googled earlier and came across the same zip tie you did. That one must be a fake, I'll take a photo of mine and post it shortly. I did find what I think is the right ziptie included with scubapro mouthpieces. Personally, I'm not fond of the scubapro mouthpiece (or the $15 price tag).

Pardon the dust and debris on them but here are a couple photos. They're easy to remove and replace, so I took it off for a photo of the ziptie by its-self. The mouthpiece is from a snorkel, wife broke her mouthpiece on our last dive trip and she liked the way the snorkel fit into her mouth so....
DSC_8754.JPG DSC_8753.JPG DSC_8752.JPG DSC_8751.JPG

@beaverdivers hey aren't you a scubapro dealer? Can you get the clamps?

Apeks uses something similar on their Flight regs - they don't appear to fit on XTX though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom