Advice please: replacing power inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

......hey aren't you a scubapro dealer? Can you get the clamps?

LeisurePro sells them (or did in the past). The ones you post do not look like the ones I have purchased in the past.

Seems the brand has changed: Aqua Quick Release Mouthpiece Clamp these are what SP used to sell under their brand, not the one you had shown..

upload_2017-2-15_19-43-25.png

these, however, are not "round" and will not likely work for attaching an LPI (didn't work for me). YMMV.

LeisurePro sells them (or did in the past). The ones you post do not look like the ones I have purchased in the past.

Seems the brand has changed: Aqua Quick Release Mouthpiece Clamp these are what SP used to sell under their brand, not the one you had shown..

Funny enough, the first line of the description says: "Scuba Pro introduces a new concept in Mouthpiece Retainers."

I found one of the reviews to be especially amusing.

"This came in handy on a recent dive trip when for some ridiculous reason the dive boat I was on did not have a DIN valve cylinder for me to use (OR an adapter), so I had to use one of their regulators,"

The person brought a DIN reg and no Yoke adapter and the boat is "ridiculous". LOL

I like to use Stainless steel safety wire or string with a constrictor knot. Sometimes both and/or add a zip tie for redundancy.
I trust those methods more than a zip tie.

Don't think it matters much so long as it's non-hardening. I've used Barge cement and Bostik one-part inflatable boat glue, but there are lots of brands and formulations of rubber cement. I've used various types of Goop - the thinner stuff is easier to apply. I'd expect even urethane sealants or tub 'n tile type sealant would work fine. It's basically a sealant effect. I don't know which ones stick particularly better to the inflator bib, so maybe some in theory are better suited than others, but since most of the time there would probably be a good seal even without the sealant, you don't get to see the relative performance.

Never used sealant on Halcyon and DTD. I always cleaned up both the surfaces before reattaching them. I use low profile zip ties, but I put a piece of rubber inner tube over them, just to be net and clean.

I think some of you guys need to go spend a day looking around in a good hardware store.

Use finger nail clippers to cut the end off the zip tie. That rounds it off just enough not to leave a sharp edge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom