AERIS ACI 2.2.2 beta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I just signed up on ScubaBoard and was looking through the posts. It appears this is where I can ask questions ab out Aeris items?

I have an Elite T3 and am using the Aeris Computer Interface 2.2.0, build 05.07.08. I have been using this software for about a month now (recently got my T3). Here are some issues I have been having and I am hoping someone can either shed a light on how to fix this (or what I am doing wrong) or at least I can make sure Aeris knows of the issues. I am using Windows XP on a two-year old computer that I have installed very few programs on.

1) ** Can't print "Dive data and graph" or "Dive Details" - these items are greyed out in the Printing Options window.
2) I go back into previous dives and make minor changes (Min. Temperature, Prior S.I.), save it, then change pages and when I go back to the original pages I made the changes on, the changes are no longer there.
3) If I have multiple monitors, the Interface program does not work correctly - can't click on left menu to change to other pages, nor can you click in any field on the current page. I have to go to single monitor mode and restart the Aeris Computer Interface program to get it to work.
4) If I remove the info in the DC Model field (that I manually entered), it crashes the program.

** I previously owned a Genesis React Pro. I did not use the software until today - after I had problems with the AERSI software. The Genesis software read all my data off the React Pro and I was able to print "Dive data and graph" and "Dive Details" from that program.

Is there a way to transfer the Dive Details (graphic representation) from the Genesis database to the Aeris database (shouldn't be too hard since they both use the same basic program with minor modifications)? I tried import/export, but the sampling data for the graphical data doesn't export out.

I appreciate any light any of you can shed on these issues/questions. Thanks.

Jim
Hello All,

I switched to the 2.2.2 version. The program no longer crashes when I try to modify the manually entered dc model, I can print using the Dive Data & Graph or Dive Details options, but only if I select the "Dive" category first; I cannot edit temp or SI info - it takes it, but doesn't remember even if I click "Save" first; and it won't work while using multiple monitors.

Okay, just tried printing using each option. Standard Log Book - All fields are blank or say "Label2" when using landscape (to get dive log size printouts) and it only prints one page of two logs - even if I select to print out all dives; Personal - works okay; Dive Details - A lot of info that isn't displayed in your log (I like that), but the Stop Depth remains zero throughout - even at depths of 130 ft; Dive Data & Graph - All data prints, but some text overlap on printout (using HP LaserJet).

Is there a better dive program out there that I can use that will accept all the data my dive computers have (including the graphical representation) from both my Aeris and Genesis DCs?

BTW, I do like the new interface - looks much better. But the basics don't seem to work.

Anyone else having the same problems - or is anyone out there able to do what I can't seem to do with this program?

I appreciate any responses that can help me out.

Jim

Last edited:
Aeris Rep,

Any word on these ACI 2.2.2 issues I have presented on the forum?

Jim

Just wondering if there's been any update. I notice that the downloads at DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Software still reflect software dated June 08.

As for suggestions

- it would be nice if the Dive site was keyed / linked to the dive location, so only those that match that dive location showed up in the drop down combo. (From what I can tell, the underlying database currently doesn't support this - so maybe for a future release)?

- would be nice to have some information grouped together. (ie, Dive details and buddies on the same tab). Not sure what resolution you've designed the software for, but would be nice to not have to swap back and forth when updating dive details.

I do like the changes to the software. Just wondering if these beta is stable enough to replace my primary dive log? (I ran the BETA up on a virtual machine and copied my logs across to trial).

Cheers

Looks like there is a bug for Compumask. When you trying to change Back Light Level (Glo.L) software crashes. It works ok in ver.2.2.0.

AerisCM1.jpg

AerisCM2.jpg

I hope this helps.

Hello All,

I switched to the 2.2.2 version. The program no longer crashes when I try to modify the manually entered dc model, I can print using the Dive Data & Graph or Dive Details options, but only if I select the "Dive" category first; I cannot edit temp or SI info - it takes it, but doesn't remember even if I click "Save" first; and it won't work while using multiple monitors.

Okay, just tried printing using each option. Standard Log Book - All fields are blank or say "Label2" when using landscape (to get dive log size printouts) and it only prints one page of two logs - even if I select to print out all dives; Personal - works okay; Dive Details - A lot of info that isn't displayed in your log (I like that), but the Stop Depth remains zero throughout - even at depths of 130 ft; Dive Data & Graph - All data prints, but some text overlap on printout (using HP LaserJet).

Is there a better dive program out there that I can use that will accept all the data my dive computers have (including the graphical representation) from both my Aeris and Genesis DCs?

BTW, I do like the new interface - looks much better. But the basics don't seem to work.

Anyone else having the same problems - or is anyone out there able to do what I can't seem to do with this program?

I appreciate any responses that can help me out.

Jim

Any word on when the next update will be available that fixes these issues? I am still using 2.2.2. I noticed only 2.2.0 is posted on the Aeris web site. What is the actualy latest version and where can I get it?

Who is Pelagic Services?
Going to the parent directory of the folder in your link comes up as an Indonesian website.

The link provided by Doug Krause is from diveaeris.com.

I got that link last year from Aeris technical support. The guy on the phone said that was where he got updates from, so I assume it is the software house that actually writes the code for all the pelagic based computers. All of the code has matched the betas that Doug has posted exactly at the binary level. However, this site seems to always be a version or a couple of weeks ahead of anyplace else I see the software posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom