Aeris AI compass boot substitute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Risk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement boot for an Aeris AI compass boot? The computer housing is intact, but the compass boot broke off.

I’m also open to alternate ideas on how to mount a compass to the computer housing.

Attachments

• 50EC7E8B-C5FE-4F51-8B97-0DD39DD82851.jpeg
    50EC7E8B-C5FE-4F51-8B97-0DD39DD82851.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 147
Aqualung i550 (& i550c) part has a strong possibility of being an exact replacement. Same OEM, and clearly made from the same basic design, but no guarantee they are using the same molds. I heard the battery compartment covers are different than the Aeris versions, but then that is a separate module and not a boot that is less likely to have had a revision.
upload_2019-4-18_18-36-5.png

You could also do a hose mount compass, but that may not mesh with the ergonomics of your computer's hose routing.
Which leaves wrist, or retractor as the final analog options.
upload_2019-4-18_18-41-12.png

I think @JD342 is correct. I have two Aeris AIs that I could not find Aeris OEM battery hatch cover replacements because the coin slots on both broke. I took a good look at the Aqualung i550, thinking I might have to replace both computers for lack of a hatch cover, and the Aqualung i550 looked extremely similar. As it turned out, based on a tip from one of the Pelagic Pressure Systems tech guys, I was able to use the i550 hatch covers by heating them slightly in a low temp oven. So I would be surprised if the boot would not also work. Suggest you call PPS and ask for one of their tech experts to see what they say. Please keep us posted as I could see me needing one in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom