Aeris BCD Atmos XT with AW3 Power Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sammyau

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Dear Aeris

I bought two set of Aeris BCD Atmos XT in Hong Kong on 5 July 2008.
Product Warranty Registration No.129269 and 129414

after that I found out BCD Atmos XT had recall from the Aeris on 2004.

Hazard: The Power Inflator Buttons can stick, which can cause uncontrolled inflation of the BC. This could cause divers to ascend too fast, resulting in decompression sickness as well as the danger of an embolism.

Please let me know my BCD is safty or not ?

Sammy

Hi doug

Thanks for your informatiom and advice. In fact, I bought the two BCD from a local diving shop,
will the authorized dealer in Hong Kong check the BCD for me ? If yes, would you please let me know the contract of the authorized dealer in Hong Kong.

Thanks
Sammy

Hi Doug

Thanks for your informatiom and advice. In fact, I bought the two BCD from a local diving shop,
will the authorized dealer in Hong Kong check the BCD for me ? If yes, would you please let me know the contract of the authorized dealer in Hong Kong.

Thanks
Sammy

Hi doug,

Two questions for you

First, is there a place on the Aeris web site where all product safety recall info is posted... I looked and can't seem to find it?

Second, with the Atmos XT is it possible to know by the product serial number if a specific bcd was included in the recall?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom