Aeris Manta Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chasitymarie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's probably a long shot, but does anyone still own [and dive] with one of these wrist computers? I bought mine a few years ago, and took it on a few dives with me, and it worked wonderfully. I recently dug it out of my scuba box and replaced the battery, and everything seems to go well, aside from the fact I don't know if the battery door completely shuts anymore.

Is there a way someone can post a picture of the back of their manta so I can compare it to mine before getting in the water with it, and possibly frying it from a leak? I can attach pictures of mine to show the angles I'm asking about.

aerismanta.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I have a Geo 2.0 (same casing), when I bought it 5 years ago I had the same question and took it back to the LDS. They said it was completely normal and I've had no problems with it.

Don't worry about it.

Fantastic. I was a bit worried - happy to hear it's a common thing, and not something that will fry my computer. :]

I don't know if my reply is too late but here's a few pictures of the back of my Manta for comparison. I've never had the battery cover off so this should be what it looked like from the factory.
manta1.JPG
manta2.JPG

You may want to submerge it in freshwater first so if it does flood you can dry it out and try again.

Took it on vacation with me, had it in the water for a few hours, and all seems well. Thank you to everyone who commented to help out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom