Affordable Liveaboard for Komodo in April or May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stunning

Just on our way home now :(

I’ll write up a trip report at the weekend
How was the water temp? What kind of exposure suit do you recommend? Cabin w/o AC a big issue or no? Thank you!

I'll add to the great operation of Mermaid. We went on Mermaid I for Komodo ~8yrs ago. Great staff/crew. Ive also been on this boat 2X in Raja Ampat (2018 last trip). My dive partner and I do every dive and extend them as long as we can stand it - I remember doing 80min after everyone else had gone in and I was alone with my guide,camera and 2 Mantas.

We are about to book a Komodo trip for May - but Mermaid is booked except the last week and I really want to be back in the USA by May 20 for a family event. I might just blow it off to do the Mermaid trip, but we are looking at the Tanaka for a 7D/6N leaving May 12. We would be the first to book this cruise, which seems odd to me since it is not that far away. Anyone have any experience with this boat? Its newer and gets some good reviews but I dont know anything (personal) about it.

Back
Top Bottom