affordable NEX 5 and 5n Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You bought the monster flash! Do you use a diffuser with it? I wish the tiny included one had one.I use the original one, force flash, with diffuser made of tissue paper & scotch tape for a nicer looking result. It ain't a Fong, but it improves close-up shots indoors.
I used Bounty paper towel as my diffuser on the stock flash!!The bigger flash does a better job of things especially since the flash can be directed upwards and the output can be controlled.

Glad you housing fits well! $100 seems to be worth it for a non modified design.

....Now you mention it i do remember reading something about the eraser idea. I'll certainly look into that.

Thanks for letting me know.

I love forward facing diffused for portraints, no shadows on the face.

I've started used my UW probes on land too! Everyone at the "party" benefits from the extra flash, especially for back-fill light.

Glad you housing fits well! $100 seems to be worth it for a non modified design.

....Now you mention it i do remember reading something about the eraser idea. I'll certainly look into that.

Thanks for letting me know.

Danny,

Yes, I think it is worth it! I mean, it's still cheaper compared to other poly housings out there. Now modifying it to accept wet lenses/adapters I can't tell you about since I'm still a noob with UW photog. As of now, I don't know if I have the courage to do what you did with your cam from what I saw on dpreview..taking off the lens and stuff.

Mark,
I know what you mean. Here is a little "taste" of what it can do. Only downside to it is that you can't swivel it like the dslr flashes.

DSC02000.jpg

There's no way that entire meal fits into the above body...unless it's followed by a 2hr workout.

Actually you'd want a weaker flash - a 2-3.5 aperture, focus in the middle of the plate, to have a smaller field of focus.

Another reason why P&S cams are good for portraits & videos, but you need a DSLR & lens to get a one-inch depth of field with wide-angle.

alright, so i found a NEX-5 locally for a pretty good price...i take it this housing is a good start to get it underwater. anyone using and strobes with this set up yet? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom