Wanted AGA / Divator regulator parts (Interspiro, OTS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello friends,

I have a IS AGA divator (I think that is the name) mask that I picked up a while ago that I'm finally getting around to looking to restore. Prior owner had done a slight butcher job to (from what I can tell) convert it to a positive pressure free flow type setup. Commercial op I'd guess. It's in pretty good condition except the regulator is missing some parts.

I don't know if it's a MK1 or MK2. I can't find evidence or documentation for a MK1, and the parts seem to match the parts list from http://www.interspiro.com/K7MP3/media/Site/Spare Part Lists/Diving/3-Full-Face-Mask-BV.pdf.

The parts I need the most are in the exhalation unit (part 1 on page 8 of pdf.)

Page 10, Assembly 1 I'm missing 21 (decorative I believe), 25 to 28 were glued together (or rubber has turned hard but I dunno, it's not great condition.). 33/31/32 I believe I am missing as well.

Demand valve seems to be complete, non return valve disc 32 419-51 (2 of em) should be replaced as well.

Anyone have a pile of parts for these things?

Thanks

Hey there,

I am an Interspiro MK II technician and would be happy to service your mask for you: $50 plus parts. Noone can sell parts to you without losing their certification and opening themselves up to liability if your mask was ever involved in a diving accident, even years later. Like jail time and/or millions of dollars, I've seen it happen and all service techs are warned about it in training.

From the sound of it, you are kind of guessing on the work/parts that need to be replaced and perhaps you have never worked on an AGA before. Is that correct? It's easy to destroy some of the parts when you are tearing the thing down and putting back together, trust me from my rookie experience. It's even more frustrating when you can't get rid of a stubborn freeflow or it isn't tuned correctly and the breathing resistance is way too high (among several other problems that arise when bench testing after a full service). There are a lot of fine details and tricks that I have gained through my technician class, servicing 50+ masks, and personally diving with the AGA. I would be happy to help by servicing your mask and communicating with you via email with pictures and updates throughout the entire process.

Let me know if I can be of service, and happy diving

Hello and thanks for reaching out!

Hey there,

I am an Interspiro MK II technician and would be happy to service your mask for you: $50 plus parts. Noone can sell parts to you without losing their certification and opening themselves up to liability if your mask was ever involved in a diving accident, even years later. Like jail time and/or millions of dollars, I've seen it happen and all service techs are warned about it in training.

Well, no one who is an authorized dealer could sell good condition used parts, but all the people that haven't signed into that contract are able to! As far as liability, I mean I'm sure we sign all that away with this hobby at every turn -- and that's why I have an octopus and sometimes full 2nd bailout setup. Our training is supposed to mitigate the simple risks like single component failure and that is what the lawyers would say I'm sure.

From the sound of it, you are kind of guessing on the work/parts that need to be replaced and perhaps you have never worked on an AGA before. Is that correct? It's easy to destroy some of the parts when you are tearing the thing down and putting back together, trust me from my rookie experience. It's even more frustrating when you can't get rid of a stubborn freeflow or it isn't tuned correctly and the breathing resistance is way too high (among several other problems that arise when bench testing after a full service). There are a lot of fine details and tricks that I have gained through my technician class, servicing 50+ masks, and personally diving with the AGA. I would be happy to help by servicing your mask and communicating with you via email with pictures and updates throughout the entire process.

Let me know if I can be of service, and happy diving

Nope, this is the only AGA. It was cheap, I would like to complete the parts set then turn it over to a local dive shop for the tune up side (including replacing the usual service parts in the 2nd stage regulator like o rings and what not.) The dive shop is an interspiro service place -- I haven't asked them for a quote on the parts or anything, figure I would get it close to complete if I can then go there.

Regarding destroying, this is a restoration project - some parts were in bad shape, some in good shape. But I know the parts for these are very expensive. Foreign company, and it's a tool that is used by organizations that usually have very high/unlimited budgets (government) so they can spend large amounts on parts without care. Not my situation as I need to spread dive hobby money across a lot of things like this project :) Working on rebuilding a double hose regulator (all parts in hand already) as well as some other oddities.

Thus I'm hoping to find someone who has parted out units or some such to get hold of a few of the parts from the regulator that aren't the usual "annual service" kit.

I mean, feel free to shoot me a pm with what you think the cost would be on some of those parts but I'm not looking to dump a ton of money into it. It's not something I plan to use regularly just once in a while at the quarry.

Thanks for the reply. All individual technicians have access to parts at dealer cost. Even though I do not provide services through a service center, I could still be open to liability and lose my certification for life if I sold you new or used parts. Yes I know there is no "scuba police" and as you pointed out training is supposed to mitigate single point failures, very true. But the liability still falls on me for anyone using a mask with parts I supplied. Ebay has a pretty good black market for new and used service parts of all brands, so I suggest starting there. I have rebuilt many vintage regulators (personal use) with parts that are no longer available anywhere else except Ebay.

Just an update to this, while I haven't hit the quarry with it (or pool), I let geomatt21 take care of my AGA for me and he was a pleasure to work with. Great communication, and some awesome suggestions. Got my mask back A-OK, serviced and looking forward to trying it out.

Would recommend, A+++

Back
Top Bottom