Agency bashing... what is it and why we don't allow it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stating that an agency is out for profit is considered bashing? Are we in Cuba or Venezuela? LOL.
That's one that perplexes me as most (all?) are out for profit.

I think there is a difference that anyone other than someone obtuse would acknowledge between a training agency owned by a investment company and the other acronym for PADI.

Experienced divers understand the training agency isn't to blame. The real culprit is the individual who provided inadequate training. All the relevant agencies have advanced diver training over the years.
I mostly agree, but note that some agencies seem to care more than others about the quality and performance of their instructors.

I think there is a difference that anyone other than someone obtuse would acknowledge between a training agency owned by a investment company and the other acronym for PADI.
We may have to throw out this trope now that Shearwater is also owned by an investment company.

I mostly agree, but note that some agencies seem to care more than others about the quality and performance of their instructors.
True story.
There was a conceited dive operator down south who touted the virtues of his instructors and how he updated their skills on a regular basis. As it turned out, the instructor not only drowned, but also indirectly drowned the student. The business folded and the owner, who would flout any detractors online, was last seen burying himself under a big rock.

The weirdest argument is: agency X is just there for money.

If the agency X would be that bad, then less people would use it and it would make less money.
But often that's not the case, so it can't be that bad.

Different tools for different jobs is one of the key statements for equipment in tech diving.
Same with agency's. Padi, SSI... For the usual holiday diver, or people who are not sure yet, which diving path they go. So lots of specialty, cheap short courses.

Gue for the one, who knows exactly what to expect from a course.
Planning to go into tech diving one day and has the time and money to spend.

Bsac cmas for the ones who like diving clubs and like to spend money time during their training.

None of the big agency's is bad, it's just different.

Back
Top Bottom