Agency Culture (Truth in Humor?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So glad to be "agnostic".... :rofl3:

(or is it multi-denominational? - hold cards from: YMCA, PDIC, NAUI, SDI, TDI, and, I can't believe it, PADI too)

Last edited:
Why the video? I thought we were talking about basic scuba certification for non-divers. What's with all the irrelevant self-portraiture? I can do a few difficult things myself, after a half century of diving. I'd be more impressed by a video of a student handling themselves well. Maybe a better soundtrack too, something less frenetic.
I'm not taking any of this seriously, despite my seriously impaired sense of humor. I think all of the agencies are unavoidably self-serving entities that become laughable when they try to sound responsible beyond the minimum required to survive and turn a profit.

I posted that to show that removing & replacing gear is just basic scuba education for others outside NAUI.

I posted that to show that removing & replacing gear is just basic scuba education for others outside NAUI.
I glad to learn that agencies still require demonstration of the ability to remove and replace gear while submerged before a basic C card is issued. I thought that requirement had been dropped because it was not helping the bottom line. Thanks for the good news.

....you will first become a Fundamentalist and YOU MUST FOCUS on their beliefs!

But how do we know if this should go in the "advanced" community, or maybe the "considering diving" community? I don't feel like I'm even qualified to choose the right denomination. How do I know if I chose wrong????

Making jokes about agencies is one thing. Making jokes about religion is simply dangerous!

The diver and his faith are one and the same. The Deep exists. Every diver projects the shape of his own, unique world view on the void. He endows his creation with his personal wills and views. The believing diver who explains his case is essentially explaining himself. When a fanatic is contradicted, he feels a threat to his existence; he reacts violently.
These fanatic divers were not born this way, but have been indoctrinated into Doing It Right. Everyone else is doing it wrong, those are Divers Ignoring Reality!
To wipe out the grey areas in this black-and-white vision, the religious leaders put you through Fundamentalist training, where any individual thinking is erased, for the sake of the greater good, or in layman's terms, the team. These training classes are now also organized outside of Afghanistan and Pakistan and no matter how good you think you can dive, you will first become a Fundamentalist and YOU MUST FOCUS on their beliefs! The religious leaders are not interested in you passing the Fundamentalist course, as their status increases with their student-failure rate. So expect to do it again, for these leaders are Gods under evaluation.
What about the self radicalized “lone wolves” out there amongst us?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom