Agency Wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Why do you think it is that there are constant agency wars between PADI and NAUI on boats and here on Scubaboard but you rarely see any warring or bashing between other agencies?

Why do you think it is that there are constant agency wars between PADI and NAUI on boats and here on Scubaboard but you rarely see any warring or bashing between other agencies?

Oh sure you do ... there's plenty of folks out there who will bash any agency besides the one they took their classes with.

This is what most "agency" discussions boil down to ...

clowndicks.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh sure you do ... there's plenty of folks out there who will bash any agency besides the one they took their classes with.

This is what most "agency" discussions boil down to ...

clowndicks.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Best post of the year!!!

Thanks.

Like in any other philosophy, religion, politic or society, there are those who subscribe to the belief that their's is the only correct way and all others are wrong.

That's why we have wars . . .

the K

Like in any other philosophy, religion, politic or society, there are those who subscribe to the belief that their's is the only correct way and all others are wrong.

That's why we have wars . . .

the K

I know but it's just weird that I don't see many SSI vs PDIC wars for example.

. . . and then there are those who are secure within themselves.

the K

I make no implications of any sort. Perhaps those divers just don't feel the necessity of arguing or belaboring agency standards . . .

It is an amazing thing! On a wreck dive to 100' or a reef dive to 30', I've yet to be able to distinguish among the divers their respective certifying agencies. I see good divers and I see bad divers, but who knows from which agencies they received their certifications.

In my humble opinion, and it's just an opinion, the varying agency standards are, to me, a moot point and as such, I refuse to become embroiled about which is better.

the K

I know but it's just weird that I don't see many SSI vs PDIC wars for example.

There also just happens to be a heck of a lot fewer SSI and PDIC divers in the world. Besides, if they jumped into the fray the PADI and NAUI folks would just join forces and gang up on them!

As an aside, I've never seen any agency vs agency skirmishes in real life. Only ever seen them here.

Me? I'll be the guy doing a giant stride off the back of the boat while the debate rages!

Back
Top Bottom