Ahoy from Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Protondecay123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Got Open water certified as an enlisted squid in Uncle Sam’s Navy at Gitmo way back in 1989. After doing 6 years and serving in Desert Shield and Storm, started undergrad, got married, had kids and got away from diving. Mostly dove in the Caribbean, besides Cuba, Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Curaçao, etc. Look forward to learning from others sharing their experiences and will try to be a useful contributor when up to snuff. Cheers!

Welcome! You in the Northern part of Arkansas, or the Southern?

Lobo

That puts you about 4 hours from Beaver Lake and around 3 from Table Rock Lake. Both are great spots. Do you plan to do local diving?

Lobo

Yes, I do. I’ve heard there’s a town to dive at Table Rock. I’m planning on doing a refresher in the spring on the Gulf Coast, AOW in the Keys in May, Rescue this summer in Lake Ouachita. I definitely want to learn the local spots and maybe get into some spearfishing.

Sounds like a solid plan!!

I would like to hit Tenkiller and Ouachita (have been to neither) in 19. Am also planning several trips to Beaver and Table Rock. And one to Mermet Springs. I have not been to what's left of the town in Table rock, but have made a few trips to the "Lost Bridge" (old Kimberling City bridge).

Maybe we can meet up and do a few dives.

Lobo

Sounds like a solid plan!!

I would like to hit Tenkiller and Ouachita (have been to neither) in 19. Am also planning several trips to Beaver and Table Rock. And one to Mermet Springs. I have not been to what's left of the town in Table rock, but have made a few trips to the "Lost Bridge" (old Kimberling City bridge).

Maybe we can meet up and do a few dives.

Lobo
I’ll try to post up and keep you in the loop . Are you familiar with the dive sites in Arkansas web page? The guy at Ocean Extreme in NLR has been doing at lot of documentation.

Lake Norfork has way better diving that Beaver. There is actually a lot to see and there are dive maps available. Greers Ferry is also significantly better than Beaver, and is the best lake for spearfishing if that is something you enjoy. Quachita is good diving as well, but I put it at #3. It big positive is how close it is to LR, although Greers is not much farther.

Lake Norfork has way better diving that Beaver. There is actually a lot to see and there are dive maps available. Greers Ferry is also significantly better than Beaver, and is the best lake for spearfishing if that is something you enjoy. Quachita is good diving as well, but I put it at #3. It big positive is how close it is to LR, although Greers is not much farther.
Hey man, Big Thanks for that. I look forward to checking them out this summer. I’ve got some good friends that live outside Yellville. I definitely check it out.

Back
Top Bottom