AI certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Queequeg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I' just completed my DM. I eventually want to be an instructor. However, I was thinking of going thru the AI course first. The idea is it will reinforce what I've already learned, and introduce some new skills and opportunity; Make me a better DM and able to assist the instructors better. I feel this will expose me to some of what is expected of an instructor..without the commitment and cost of becoming a fullfledged instructor; kind of like testing the waters and getting my feet wet before I commit.

Are the hours in training as an AI counted towards fulfilling any of the instructor course requirements if I decide to continue on?

Am I wasting time and money doing it this way vs. going right from DM to instructor?

Please advise. :)

You are not wasting time/money imo. It might cost you a few extra dollars by taking the courses separately but the training will take the same total time (possibly an extra few hours to review the AI material).

The short answer is yes, what you do in the AI course is credited for the IDC.

The AI course forms part of the IDC, the first few days. The OWSI section is the second part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom