Air 2, dangerous octopus??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junior diver:
IT CAME TO ME AT 1:30 THIS MORNING! Air 2 was invented by DIR divers. It's redundant i.e takes up less space, it's a donating primary system and when they saw how much people hated it... they said they were against it.

Thats quite a reach and completely untrue.

I think that you should have been sleeping at 130am! :wink:

Gary D.:
For PSD work I do not like Bungeed Back-ups. Having something tied around your neck is not a good idea venturing into a hazardous unknown.

Gary D.

Thats interesting because the Solano County Rescue/Recovery Team uses them and I believe they are recommended by PS training groups arent they?

Brian Gilpin:
Thats interesting because the Solano County Rescue/Recovery Team uses them and I believe they are recommended by PS training groups arent they?
No two teams work in identical conditions and equipment needs are different. There are times one around the neck would be just fine and then there are times it would be a usless pain in the butt.

I normally dive with a ff so why do I want a reg hung around my neck?

We also try and eliminate as much stuff as necessary. That includes extra hoses. We have inline regs for seconds and they work very well.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom