AIR 2 quick release adapter and hose question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. I have 2 or 3 of those fittings on various regulators, and just put them on appropriate length second stage hoses.

Does anyone know if the air 2 quick release adapter, once removed from the included LP hose, can be mated to a regulator hose? Is the fitting compatible?

I believe they are crimped onto the included LP hose. You can buy this one that screws into any regulator hose
Scubapro Air 2 / Zeagle Adapter , Piranha Dive Shop |
but this one is crimped on and is a one time use hose
https://www.amazon.com/Quick-Disconnect-Tusa-ScubaPro-Air-2/dp/B0000E1R5A

In fact, you can buy just the fitting and put it on any second stage hose you like.

I believe tbone is correct. The fittings are available in two forms. The stock Scubapro one that comes with an Air2 when purchased is crimped in place.

air2.jpg
I believe tbone is correct. The fittings are available in two forms. The stock Scubapro one that comes with an Air2 when purchased is crimped in place.
I disagree. Here is a detachable one on ebay... I use them on my Atomic SS1

ScubaPro Air2 Air 2 LP Hose Quick Disconect Adapter Detachable 22" 25" or 29" | eBay

Does anyone know if the air 2 quick release adapter, once removed from the included LP hose, can be mated to a regulator hose? Is the fitting compatible?

If the QD and hose are two components then the QD will fit on other hoses. The older QD was part of the hose which could not be removed. Wookie just posted a pic of the QD that unscrews.

If the QD and hose are two components then the QD will fit on other hoses. The older QD was part of the hose which could not be removed. Wookie just posted a pic of the QD that unscrews.
In fact, I haven't seen an Air2 come with any other fitting in 10 years at least. I used to have to buy the crimped hoses too.

In fact, I haven't seen an Air2 come with any other fitting in 10 years at least. I used to have to buy the crimped hoses too.
Air2 QD one.jpg
Air2 QD two.JPG

The first picture shows the Air2 QD which is part of the hose. The later pic is the two piece QD and hose. Both quick disconnects can be broken down for service.

My ones from 20 years ago were crimped. More recent ones have just been an adapter threaded on a hose.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom