Air Control hose specs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mjank72

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]What are the required specs for the LP hose used for the Mares Air Control? I was told that I'd have to replace the standard inflator hose on a rental reg with the hose this came with. Don't want to have to go through that if the hose installed will support it. Thanks![/FONT]

regular inflator hoses do not supply a sufficient amount of air to control these devices. Made worse by the fact that these are not necessarily standardized between manufacturers. Not the question you probably wanted to hear, but you are infinitely better off going with a standard inflator/octopus setup, there are a lot of dangers and setbacks in using the Air2 style combo's in an emergency situation. These have been discussed ad nauseum on here, but if you can return the air control and swap for a standard setup I would highly recommend doing so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom