Air fare bargains are appearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been watching American for trips from STL to KOA (Kona, HI) for July and they are not budging. With the announcement of someone in HI testing positive for COVID19 maybe it will? But the price I'm seeing is the one I've seen for months ($619).
I’m doing the same on AA to Asia...40-60k air miles....hoping they tank for a bit to capture a deal or two...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BRAB&usg=AOvVaw0CQzcEbEEJRWvU_hgpiGtY&ampcf=1

I would not be surprised if the US cruise industry shuts down operations in the very near future. This would be devastating to Cozumel's economy.
Don't you hate it when headlines fail to show? Yours being
Vice President Pence warns against cruising ahead of meeting with executives in Florida

I'd not want any family to get on a cruise barge as those are getting extended at times. I feel for those folks stuck on that barge off of San Francisco. They planned, saved, traveled, and now they're stuck, wondering what's happening at home, what's next for them. I hate cruises anyway, but my daughter wishes they could take advantage of one! I'm glad that they can't.

Cozumel would hurt without those barges, but in the long one it'd become a nicer island to visit again.

Just posted on Trip Advisor that United cut 20% of international and 10% of domestic flights in April and May. They are really trying to cut costs and I guess prop up airfares with the changes. Really messed up our flights for next month and had to call to change our original itinerary in and out of PAE to CZM to now flying in and out of SEA. We're still going though, so that's good!

Check your United Flight Reservations - Cozumel Forum - Tripadvisor

Don't you hate it when headlines fail to show? Yours being
Vice President Pence warns against cruising ahead of meeting with executives in Florida

I'd not want any family to get on a cruise barge as those are getting extended at times. I feel for those folks stuck on that barge off of San Francisco. They planned, saved, traveled, and now they're stuck, wondering what's happening at home, what's next for them. I hate cruises anyway, but my daughter wishes they could take advantage of one! I'm glad that they can't.

My husband would like to do a cruise - we did one years ago (the Holiday - a Carnival cruise - didn't like it) and I haven't wanted to do it again. But if I ever relented we would have to shell out the money for one with a veranda. Those poor people who are stuck in an inside berth or one with just a port hole - OMG - I feel so sorry for them.

Those poor people who are stuck in an inside berth or one with just a port hole - OMG - I feel so sorry for them.
I think most cabins don't have portholes. Not the ones below the water line for sure, nor the interior cabins. If I ever did one again, I'd book one of those cheaper rooms thinking we'd only be there to shower, change, and sleep. I spent a night in a drunk tank once, waking up sober and having to wait a couple of hours to get out. I think it'd be a lot like that, but for hundreds of hours.

Obviously we need to do something but funding the CDC is kind of like flushing $ down a toilet. Maybe send the $8 Billion to the states? Maybe the states can put it to better use? I certainly question what the CDC will do with that $. I also question what happened to the $3 Billion Obama approved for Zika research... Haven't heard a thing about Zika since... Certainly haven't heard any definitive scientific evidence that it causes birth defects although the media and the WHO were pounding the table that it did. Zika is now all over the tropics and the Caribbean yet I'm not hearing anything about wide spread birth defects. Is anyone here hearing about wide spread birth defects related to Zika? I don't think so. That was another media hyped pandemic.

A friend of mine is a microbiologist and did have something interesting to say about this corona virus. He is absolutely convinced that this will pretty much vanish as spring and summer approach. Viruses like cold, dry climates - not warm humid climates. Spring and summer also moves people outdoors into fresh air and out of confined spaces. Furthermore UV radiation from the sun kills viruses in no time sitting on a surface exposed to the sun. In the summer you needn't worry about shopping carts and such as they spend plenty of time in the sun as they circulate from the store to the parking lot and back.

However,. he also had something quite disturbing to say as well. He said that we are lucky this virus reached the USA when it did as spring and summer are right around the corner. This flu season, if he is correct, we have very little to worry about. It's the next flu season we have to worry about as this new virus will be around just like the flu is always around but when flu season hits again we could see cases show up with the onset of the season and that is when we could have a more serious problem. So, if cases do start to decrease with the approach of summer and if this passes without a pandemic event this year the CDC, the WHO, the administration, no one should claim victory as it will be back next season. The CDC and our healthcare system need to use the summer months to prepare and get their houses in order for next season. He also said we'll see our possible future with this virus as the southern hemisphere heads into winter and to keep an eye on its spread in that hemisphere because this new virus is not going to just go away.

The warmer weather thing... tough to explain why places like Australia are getting hit pretty hard with Covid. Agree that anything that reduces close proximity should help.

My husband would like to do a cruise - we did one years ago (the Holiday - a Carnival cruise - didn't like it) and I haven't wanted to do it again. But if I ever relented we would have to shell out the money for one with a veranda. Those poor people who are stuck in an inside berth or one with just a port hole - OMG - I feel so sorry for them.
the only cruise we ever wanted to do and did, was the Alaskan inner passage. I highly recommend it....other than that, no large cruise cities for us!

The warmer weather thing... tough to explain why places like Australia are getting hit pretty hard with Covid. Agree that anything that reduces close proximity should help.

Australia has 66 diagnosed cases as of 6 hours ago and a population of about 26 million. To say Australia is getting "hit hard" is wrong. People travel and their cases were most likely brought back by their citizens traveling and returning from impacted areas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom