Air integrated dive computer brands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:) (having just look at it elsethread) which ones? i450t is $1200 w/ transmitter as is OCi. As is perdix ai at DRiS & DGX. All you get is Casio screen for the same price.
(OK, it does give you longer battery life off of a coin battery, but as you point out yourself, with any aa-sized battery and standard din o-ring in the shearwaters that's pretty much a non-issue.)

Oceanic/Hollis had a couple that were cheaper, but Aqualung must not have continued those models when they took over PPS

Yep. Atom 3.1s: gone, tx-1s: gone, dg03s: gone. Looks like Shearwater is the Sun Tsu's righteous warrior: just doing their thing while the competition kills itself.

I currently use a Suunto Vyper Novo Air wrist computer that I really like. It has a large face with easy to read display and I've never had a problem with the transmitter sending info to the computer.

That being said, if the day ever comes that I have to fully replace it (computer and transmitter) I would have to seriously consider the Perdix AI.

I've only used a Perdix AI and a oceanic geo 2 (not AI) so my opinion is pretty useless but for what it's worth I love the perdix. I haven't dropped a tank signal once underwater And in my house I was IIRC 10-15 feet away before it dropped
I can't imagine an easier to read screen underwater. Typical visibility here is 10-15 feet but even when it's down to just 2-3 feet I can read the screen no problem.

Last edited:
pretty sure that perdix is the only acceptable dive computer on this board. :wink:

show me another computer at that price point that can do what it does? or one significantly cheaper that is acceptable and we'll talk ;-)

The future will be an apple or android phone that is waterproof to dive depths. The applications that could be developed are limitless. Everything from basic dive computer functions, to underwater video, to GPS location fixing, to instant social network sharing.

The future will be an apple or android phone that is waterproof to dive depths. The applications that could be developed are limitless. Everything from basic dive computer functions, to underwater video, to GPS location fixing, to instant social network sharing.

how do you control it? touch screens no worky under water....

The Shearwater Perdix AI has a lot of fans on SB. I use its predecessor (and non-AI) model, the Petrel. Large display, easy to read, easy to navigate menus. Shearwater has a reputation for responsive customer service, and their posts on SB have been full of great information. If I were going to buy an AI computer, I would go for the Perdix.

So far my experience with my Perdix AI is that it works flawlessly. But this is only about 100 dives or so.

You are joking, right?

Back
Top Bottom