Air quality @ Blue Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anybody has an idea about the air quality at Blue Springs.

I am told that they recently replaced the filter and post the sheet about the air inspection. But, I don't see it with my own eyes yet. So~~

Is it Grade E equivalent air?

Otherwise, do I expect too much from them? LOL~~

Put your eye balls on the inspection! Inquiring minds want to know!
My air is not a LoL, got a bad fill locally and I do not want it to happen
again!

Yeah Chris, I plan to open my eyes widely when I get there next time. I wished you had some clues.

hoosier:
Yeah Chris, I plan to open my eyes widely when I get there next time. I wished you had some clues.

Bad fill.
Horrible part it was a brand new tank, I've still got 9 free fills from that dive shop,
but I've not been back because he blew it off as no big deal!
"Oh, I just needed to change my filters." He wasn't the one at risk!

I haven't been there since October, 2004, but I do check out their air quality results. They have Grade E fills, but not OCA (Oxygen Compatible Air). I'd love to get my fills there, but my tanks are O2-clean and I like keeping them that way. I've only had PP nitrox once, but always get banked Nitrox when I'm in Florida. I could probably just get the Grade E and not even worry about the O2-cleaning, but it hasn't been a problem yet since most of my diving is up at Gilboa (I'm still waiting for Mike to start charging differently for Grade E versus OCA) or I go to CDC (which is where I took my Nitrox certification).

-Rob

I am pretty sure that the inspection sheet is in just about every shelter at BS. I know there are others there but I think the air is there also. Also don't know if they have had one done recently. If all else fails, ask for proof. If they can't give it then go elsewhere.
With as many tanks that they fill in a weekend I would think that it is pretty safe. The last time I was with the LDS they filled 15 at BS and they had 8 more waiting, that was within the first hour of them being there. With the set up they have it wouldn't be likely to get something majorly dangerous in the air fill, I wouldn't think.

Thanks for all your insights. I just checked out their annual inspection. The most recent inspection has been done on June 7, 2004. It is expired after one year from the last inspection date. So, it makes sense that they replaced the filter recently for the new inspection. The inspection shows “Grade E.”

In addition, the inspection sheets at the shelters are out of dated one, 2003....:wink:

hoosier:
Thanks for all your insights. I just checked out their annual inspection. The most recent inspection has been done on June 7, 2004. It is expired after one year from the last inspection date. So, it makes sense that they replaced the filter recently for the new inspection. The inspection shows “Grade E.”

In addition, the inspection sheets at the shelters are out of dated one, 2003....:wink:
Actually, I'd much rather get air somewhere that tests right before the filters are replaced. I don't want air that gets Grade E only when the filters are new (unless I'm only there right after the replacement). I'd love to know that the inspection report represents the worst gas that I'm likely to receive -- if that's OK then better would be too.

-Rob

Back
Top Bottom