Air tuning knob stuck, how do I fix without breaking it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
This reg is a ocean reef Neptune II full face mask with a built in NIRA regulator. The adjustment know was a little difficult to move, now it feels like it is stuck at the open position. I have tried to turn it closed but I can feel the plastic flexing and I really do not want to break it. Any idea how it comes apart and I can free it up? I also cant seem to find a manual for the NIRA reg, it looks the Neptune II manual shows some sort of adapter it came with.

Thanks
IMG_2033.JPG

I’m giving that a shot, but I would really like to know how it comes off, that way I can service it and make sure everything is very clean!

Ugh...Not sure If that can work... I soaked it in warm soapy Water for a few hours and nothing. I just fee like if i try to crank on it too much the plastic is going to break. I was hoping the knob would come off or i could take it apart from the inlet side and push it out, so i could use some type of tool to get a grip on it.

Mate unscrew the quick disconnect and the nut after splashing some hot vinegar around
after you also hook out the clip inside the nice clean reg holding the bright shiny barrel in
you then push the silver tube thing out and then push out the pin jamming up your knob

or so I imagine

Might have to use two spanners on the first step.
Probably not enough lubricant on the adjustment knob. I have the same problem with Apeks 2nd stage. I always turn the knob in and out several times after diving. If I let salt accumulated on the thread then I would have hard time to turn the knob.
Good luck.

Mate unscrew the quick disconnect and the nut after splashing some hot vinegar around
after you also hook out the clip inside the nice clean reg holding the bright shiny barrel in
you then push the silver tube thing out and then push out the pin jamming up your knob

or so I imagine
Okay, so I should take the quick disconnect out along with the the nut. then do i push the barrel out towards the adjustment knob? How do I get the lever out so the entire thing goes though the side port? How do you think the knob connects?

looking at the diagram, doe it look like the knob #29 just pulls off straight? Can I do this without taking the barrel out? I was able to turn it before i pressurized it early that day. I think i may have opened it a little too much and it got stuck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.28.41 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.28.41 AM.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 87
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom