Air tuning knob stuck, how do I fix without breaking it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the service page from the manual.

Attachments

• nira service.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 133
Remove the Quick Disconnect male pin. Then remove the big nut in the left (13).
Pull from the right knob a little (29), until the lever (19) is free to be lifted and removed.
Continue pulling the right knob until the whole barrel comes out.
The wedge (20) will come loose, so you can remove it and then the whole knob assembly (29 and other parts) will be free to be unscrewed.

Taking into account the possibility of the adjustment knob being jammed in the full open position, the (20) wedge might not come loose easily. With the barrel removed, it will hopefully have a square section on the inlet side allowing use of wrench to secure the barrel while turning the knob in enough to free it and allow removal of the wedge.

Important to understand and be comfortable with the reassembly process required at that point before proceeding.

Remove the Quick Disconnect male pin. Then remove the big nut in the left (13).
Pull from the right knob a little (29), until the lever (19) is free to be lifted and removed.
Continue pulling the right knob until the whole barrel comes out.
The wedge (20) will come loose, so you can remove it and then the whole knob assembly (29 and other parts) will be free to be unscrewed.
Thanks for helping me with this. I am going to try to do it so i do not have to mess with the settings again, i just want to get the knob free. so after i pull the barrel out, I need to take the wedge out and the plastic knob will be able to come out? I was thinking of using some sort of tool to rotate the plastic screw that the plastic knob goes to just loosen it up.

So i was able to call ocean reef, they guy was super helpful! he said All i need to do is pull the knob off and turn it with a lot head screw driver. I guess they do not make any parts for the unit anymore...

Speaking of OR Nira masks....'what is supposed' to happen when you slide the red/predive - green/dive slider? I've been using the mask on a very shallow dive and nothing happens when i slide it back/forth? Very familiar with OTS/AGA....first experience with these (older, very older) OceanReef Neptune II Nira masks.

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom