Airfare to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlyinV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I love coming to Bonaire -- I think its my 6th trip or so coming up in April.
The diving freedom is fun and the resort prices are a very good value.

The airfare just gets higher and higher every time I go -- Its just weird.
The planes are full so I guess they will just keep raising the prices until they aren't.

If the flights are full and the prices are high, I would figure another airline would want in on the action, and that would drop the price a bit.

I've seen some really low fares from Miami on AA during the week. Around $220 rt.

If you have not tried google flights I recommend it. They have most airlines except southwest.
Southwests prices cannot be searched except from their site.

If you have a 3-ish months some credit cards have large point sign up offers you can use to fly.

Flights

Unless I’m doing something incorrectly every flight I ever usually find from DFW to BON is near $750/pp. AA point costs are also quite high compared to say neighboring Aruba unless you are willing to take two days to travel there (which I am not). This is the reason we go to Grand Cayman or Coz or Aruba instead. Same problem with Grenada. We would love to do BON on points etc but the flights compared to other Caribbean destinations prohibit that. Until that changes we dive BON via a cruise only.

I definitely see what you are saying that is really high! You probably could get there with 80,000 chase points.(dont know exactly) But would it be worth it?

I noticed the same issue when looking at flights to Reunion...seems much cheaper to fly to Mauritus

If the flights are full and the prices are high, I would figure another airline would want in on the action, and that would drop the price a bit.
That's why American added service. Prices are still going up.

Booked almost a full year in advance I got NYC to Bonaire RT for 35k United points. Otherwise yea it gets expensive in $$$ or miles...

I've been looking at this myself and the best I've found was around $750 and that was with more than 24 hrs of travel time, including layovers. For a typical one day flight with a layover in either ATL or MIAMI, it's running about $950. The week-long trip with all diving, etc. I've been considering doubles in price simply because airfare is so high. I don't know what's going on with the airlines lately. Even last time I went to Cozumel in 2017 it cost me $850 to fly there and I looked almost daily for about 4 months to see if it would get better. Destination diving is wonderful but getting there is starting to get a bit unreasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom