Airline ticket Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Question for you more experienced travelers.

When is the best timeframe to buy airline tickets? I searched this morning and came up with $800each on United (via aaa.com). Any suggestions/tips/tricks would be appreciated. I noticed the travel agent selling the package is supposed to be able to arrange tickets. Do they generally have good prices or are we likely to pay more for the convenience of one stop shopping?

I was looking myself. Seemed a bit steep for airfare. I tried Hopper, but not enough info to make it work.

Last edited:
I never use a travel agent. My experience is there is no rhyme or reason on when you will find low fares. I just keep a look out and set some fare alerts. I have found low fares anytime between a year to three weeks out with no understandable pattern discerned.

Has anyone flown from Florida to Roatan in the past that is willing to share their fare prices? Honestly, I don't even know what a good deal on these flights would be.

Has anyone flown from Florida to Roatan in the past that is willing to share their fare prices? Honestly, I don't even know what a good deal on these flights would be.

Download the Hopper app.

Question for you more experienced travelers.

When is the best timeframe to buy airline tickets? I searched this morning and came up with $800each on United (via aaa.com). Any suggestions/tips/tricks would be appreciated. I noticed the travel agent selling the package is supposed to be able to arrange tickets. Do they generally have good prices or are we likely to pay more for the convenience of one stop shopping?

When is the best time frame to buy airline tickets?
When you find a good price is the short answer.
Having said that there is NO prefect method to understanding the airlines. It truly is like a cat & mouse game, the key is to MONITOR prices and KNOW when you see a good price or an error on the airlines website. Then do not hesitate!!!
The Key is patience and persistence.
Also look at near by airports you may be able to drive a bit and save. I know that Park and fly hotel can save money when you add in parking cost.

Bay Adventure can also help with airfare they book folks into that resort year around and understand the airfare game well.

Last edited:
I've always found 2-3 months advance to be good.
Nowadays I am working for a domestic carrier loading bags for 8 bucks an hour so I can fly standby for free. I can even ride first class or business if there's room! Ahhh... the good life.

Roatan has always been $600-$800 per ticket for us over the years. Do a search for your tickets, put the ticket info into Yapta.com and it will email you when it goes down.

Matrixitasoftware.com they have a feature you can get prices from different airports within a given distance. Just playing around with it, got a price of 790 from Miami and 635 from Tampa or Orlando to Roatan. There are 4 airports within 150 miles of us we use and have driven much further on several occasions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom