Airlines Flying Jakarta to Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trying to put together the flights for the last leg of our August trip. We need to fly from Jakarta to Singapore to get the better flights out of Singapore. It's quite a wide range of costs from $41 for Air Asia to $544 for Singapore Air. Garuda is about $123. Is Air Asia okay to fly? I can't believe that price, and you know the saying when something is too good to be true. Would Garuda be the best bet for this short flight? We will have two bags apiece, one being a scuba bag.

I did fly Air Asia few weeks ago Jakarta Singapore return for 50 usd or so. It all went very smooth. It was a same day /few hours trip basically to renew my Indonesian visa (so called visa run).
The only disturbing thing is that throughout the procedure they keep trying to get more money out of you.
There are also other budget options (jet star for example) that are ok.
Personally I don't have an issue flying with such companies quite often.
As with any other airline you can't be sure about your flight. Even the best airlines in the world occasionally cancel or delay flights.
Now about your case, it might worth searching for companies that collaborate for example to check in your baggage through to your destination. Difficult if each leg is different ticket but you never know.
Good luck

Garuda worked fine for me.

Cathay Pacific do fly from Hong Kong to and from Jakarta. Garuda are the best of the airlines with the lowest fares you mentioned.

Add up the full cost of your ticket with AirAsia (check in luggage, seat selection, credit card payment fees) and see whether it's better than Garuda where everything incl dive equipment chek in luggage is included.

Remember that if you buy separate tickets and flight is late or cancelled, you may lose the connection to your on-going flight and the airlines will owe you nothing.

I always book a night at a hotel before the international flight.

- Bill

Back
Top Bottom