Airlines in Indo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like we can still book a flight CGK-SOQ for January 2020 with Sriwijaya. If they are in trouble, we wouldn’t be able to, would we?

Almost exactly a year ago, they got into a business arrangement with Garuda that was supposed to help them out and be mutually beneficial. Garuda maintains that it hasn't been good for Garuda. The company with the maintenance contract with Sriwijaya is threatening to take back 4-5 of their engines(edited). Their debt load is huge.(edit, apparently not, as I had misread the article)

Yes, you can book with them but do you really think that you should?

I'd wait to see how all this is going to shake out.

Almost exactly a year ago, they got into a business arrangement with Garuda that was supposed to help them out and be mutually beneficial. Garuda maintains that it hasn't been good for Garuda. The company with the maintenance contract with Sriwijaya is threatening to take back 4-5 of their airplanes. Their debt load is huge.

Yes, you can book with them but do you really think that you should?

I'd wait to see how all this is going to shake out.

$3 millions debt is not much.

To be safe, the Amira trip organizer bought Batik Air tickets for us.

It’s too bad that they are not doing well. They have been very good to me. I flew with them from Jakarta to Sorong (3x), Denpasar to Sorong (2x), Jakarta to Berau (1x), the rest with Garuda, Wings Air, Lions Air and Trans Nusa without any trouble, other than being late to fly in the afternoon flights. Most my morning flights are usually on time.

$3 millions debt is not much.

To be safe, the Amira trip organizer bought Batik Air tickets for us.

It’s too bad that they are not doing well. They have been very good to me. I flew with them from Jakarta to Sorong (3x), Denpasar to Sorong (2x), Jakarta to Berau (1x), the rest with Garuda, Wings Air, Lions Air and Trans Nusa without any trouble, other than being late to fly in the afternoon flights. Most my morning flights are usually on time.

Only $3,000,000? I must have misread something. You're right, in airline business that's pocket change.

It looks like we can still book a flight CGK-SOQ for January 2020 with Sriwijaya. If they are in trouble, we wouldn’t be able to, would we?
That's not the way it works. You still could book Thomas Cook packages some days before they went bankrupt and stopped flights last week.
All businesses need to have clients and cash in order to pay their debts, that's the only way they can get back on their feet so they will sell until a court will prevent them to.

Remember Batavia Air? They sold tickets until their planes were grounded on CGK airport.

Jakarta, Beritasatu.com - The Ministry of Transportation (Kemhub) appreciates the establishment of management cooperation (KSM) between the Sriwijaya Group and Garuda Indonesia Group.

Thus, the Garuda Indonesia Group through PT Garuda Indonesia, PT Citilink Indonesia, PT Garuda Maintenance Facility AeroAsia, and PT Gapura Angkasa again provide services, which include flight operations, aircraft maintenance, supply of aircraft parts, and aircraft operations support services to the aircraft operated by the Sriwijaya Air Group.

Reactions: Dan
Jakarta, Beritasatu.com - The Ministry of Transportation (Kemhub) appreciates the establishment of management cooperation (KSM) between the Sriwijaya Group and Garuda Indonesia Group.

Thus, the Garuda Indonesia Group through PT Garuda Indonesia, PT Citilink Indonesia, PT Garuda Maintenance Facility AeroAsia, and PT Gapura Angkasa again provide services, which include flight operations, aircraft maintenance, supply of aircraft parts, and aircraft operations support services to the aircraft operated by the Sriwijaya Air Group.

The government is forcing them back into business together?

Sah! Garuda-Sriwijaya Air Rujuk Kembali, KSM Berlanjut

Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia - PT Garuda Indonesia (Persero Tbk (GIAA) or Garuda Indonesia Group, through its subsidiary PT Citilink Indonesia, finally continued management cooperation (KSM) with the Sriwijaya Group (Sriwijaya Air and NAM Air) after a chaotic agreement between these two airlines.

Previously, Citilink had even filed a lawsuit against Sriwijaya Air for alleged breach of contract at the Central Jakarta District Court on 25 September.

As a result, two directors of Sriwijaya Air also announced their resignations at a press conference on Monday (30/9/2019). Both of them are the Director of Operations Capt. Fadjar Semiarto and Technical Director Romdani Ardali Adang.

"The sustainability of the KSM is in line with the GIAA Group meeting and the Sriwijaya shareholders were facilitated by the SOE Ministry some time ago and provided guidance on the sustainability of the KSM," said Juliandra Nurtjahjo, Managing Director of Citilink, who was a Garuda representative in a joint press conference in Cengkareng, Tangerang, Tuesday (1 / 10/2019).

"With this agreement, we, the GIAA Group and Sriwijaya hope that with this commitment and good moments can be the point of what we call it or our turning point, our commitment is always, first, prioritizing the safety of the airworthiness of Sriwijaya aircraft is a priority," he said.

Furthermore, the next priority is the customer's interest which is the most important consideration why these two airline groups continue KSM commitments.

The third priority is saving state assets so that it needs to support Srivijaya to recover,

Furthermore, the next priority is that the two groups want the aviation ecosystem in Indonesia to be healthier. "That is the reason for continuing this KSM as soon as possible, with the support of Sriwijaya aircraft flight operations. First, how the GIAA Group or GMF AeroAsia will provide support to Sriwijaya's operational phases."

The glass is not always half empty.
Once i booked a flight departing 1st november but i was actually leaving 1st october. Arrived at the airport, they told me i was one month too soon, they rebooked my ticket for the same day for a change fee of 15.000idr (2usd). Imagine the same situation in US or EUrope

I see a lot of talk of ``delays'' especially with later departures. What is a typical delay most people have seen? Are we talking 30-40 minutes, or 3-4 hours. You will always have some out liners, severe weather or god forbid ``de-fuming'' the plane, but what would be a typical time on an ``Its just Indo'' delay?

The delays that I've experienced were hours. Sorry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom