Airport Employee Power Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Except in really dire cases. When Heathrow's Terminal 5 opened with some state of the art baggage system, it went so catastophically wrong, they ended up shipping all the thousands of lost bags that had piled up to Italy so the mess could be sorted out. Because, you know, Italians are really organised and good at that sort of stuff.
So, some years ago a colleague and I were on a flight from Pisa to Rome to catch the big plane back to the states. As we were landing in Rome, the flight attendant came on and explained there was a baggage-handler's strike in Rome, and we would have to unload our own bags from the forward cargo compartment under where the pilots seat. When we came down the stairs to the tarmac, there was a ladder going up into the cargo hold and lots of Italians standing around waving their arms and shouting. My colleague and I looked at our watches, and we didn't have a lot of time before our ongoing flight. So I climbed up the ladder into the hold, and my buddy climbed halfway up the ladder, and I began handing bags down to him and he'd pass them to the crowd, and they were shouting out names on the bags and passing them around like people in a mosh pit, and I'm handing out bags, and I get to his and he takes it and puts it on the ground at the foot of the ladder, and I find mind and start climbing out of the hold with it. All the milling crowd looks at me and begins shouting for me to get back into the hold and finish the job! He and I made a hasty exit to the terminal and checked in for our next flight.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom