AKASO EK7000 4K

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russoft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Since there's not much about this camera on the forum, I thought I'd share my experience using it and maybe even get some input on what I'm doing wrong.

Here's the raw, unedited, uncut video from a wreck dive to 100 ft. Please save me the comments about the snorkels. PADI requires them for training, apparently.

I was not using a red filter as the camera was a birthday gift right before the dive trip and I figured I could do some post-processing to clean up the footage. Now, even without a red filter, I would expect some half decent video. Sure, everything would be shades of blue, but otherwise it'd be good footage. Our SeaLife camera works okay even if the software red filter is left off.

The first thing I noticed in the footage I captured with the EK7000 was that everything looked washed out or overexposed. Occasionally the footage looks okay, but then it'll get completely washed out. Sun reflections off of fins and scuba tanks are harsh whites. What's going on here? Is this normal for deep water footage without a red filter? Or is it possible the camera's software isn't smart about picking proper exposure? Or maybe it's user error?

I'll post more from some fresh water diving I'll be doing later this summer, this time using a dive filter.

Back
Top Bottom