Akona Weight Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased a Akona Weight Bag from Leisure Pro on 11/14/2010. On
9/4/2011 the bag broke. The handle tore from the bag at one corner. I have
pictures of the bag and the tear as well as order detail and the ad from
Leisure Pro stating that there is a 24 month limited warranty. I would hope
that this type of tear is covered under the warranty. I had the usual
amount of weight in the bag, 25 lbs. and was just picking it up by the
handles when the one corner tore open. I have included photos of the bag and the tear. I hope that you can expedite the process as ping-ponging between Akona and Leisure Pro seems unnecessary.
Thank you,
Dennis

Attachments

• Akona Weight Bag 1.jpg
    Akona Weight Bag 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Akona Weight Bag 2.jpg
    Akona Weight Bag 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 210
Wow, that's no good! I have a few of those bags (I'm an instructor, I accumulate gear) and have put at least that much in them without a problem. I understand your desire to avoid the ping-ponging around, but if you don't hear from Akona within a reasonable timeframe, if you want to email me at nickb@LeisurePro.com any order information you may have, I can see what we can do to make things as painless as possible.

Last edited:
Mine is almost 6 years old, has dozens and dozens of boat trips on it, and still is in great shape, except for some sun fading. I wish everything held up this well.

That said, have you contacted Leisure Pro yet? You may be preparing for a problem that doesn't exist.

Dennis,
Please contact any authorized dealer with your proof of purchase and they will get it resovled. We do not like to play ping pong (we are not that good), we like to resolve warranty issues quickly. The warranty will need to go through a dealer, but we can get you taken care of efficiently.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

only 25 lbs? where did you put your weights? LOL I don't want to say how much I have carried in that bag.... I will say I need to get a third bag as the other two are getting to heavy to carry! Not worried about the bag @ all, just my arms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom