Al 30 or Al 40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

40 makes much more sense. Luxfer's have great buoyancy characteristics.

I have 40's for deco. Sometimes it'd be kinda nice to have a 30 or even a 19 stuffed with 21/35 for bailout. I bet I'd use it more than the 40.
For deco - 40 is the minimum size, but bailout just to get your sorry UnplannedDiveExtension carcass to the surface, well, you might be more likely to lug the smaller bottle than a 40. 40's are relatively small, but with everything else you're dragging along, they're not that small.

Another vote for the 40.

I will be getting an 80 and a 40 to be used as stage bottles. Recently purchased two HOG regs just for these. Still debating LP vs HP for the 40 though...

For those using 40 HP and HOG, are you using them for 100 O2 and if so...filled to 3000 or 2400 psi. Awaiting an answer from Cerich as to what needs to be done to those regs so they can be used with 100 O2 at 3000 psi.

I will be getting an 80 and a 40 to be used as stage bottles. Recently purchased two HOG regs just for these. Still debating LP vs HP for the 40 though...

For those using 40 HP and HOG, are you using them for 100 O2 and if so...filled to 3000 or 2400 psi. Awaiting an answer from Cerich as to what needs to be done to those regs so they can be used with 100 O2 at 3000 psi.

LP vs HP? As in steel tanks? If so, I'd stick with aluminum stages/ deco bottles.

Just have the regs O2 serviced.

Back
Top Bottom