AL Titan Exhaust Tee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The suspicious side of me wonders if your shop is just trying to sell you on a new reg....

The suspicious side of me wonders if your shop is just trying to sell you on a new reg....

Naw, they actually are good folks and run a sound operation. And all of this has been done via my bro dropping off the set and me corresponding with the shop via email for requested service, updates, and final outcome/billing... There's been no attempt to up-sell, it was just a heads-up on the cracked exhaust tee... It would dive just fine as is, but since this reg-set is for my wifey, I do want it to be in top-notch condition.

Naw, they actually are good folks and run a sound operation. And all of this has been done via my bro dropping off the set and me corresponding with the shop via email for requested service, updates, and final outcome/billing... There's been no attempt to up-sell, it was just a heads-up on the cracked exhaust tee... It would dive just fine as is, but since this reg-set is for my wifey, I do want it to be in top-notch condition.
My apologies then. I've seen too many shops play fast and loose with the truth... I need to back off the suspicion!
Respectfully,
James

I have not heard back from Bryan on the part that he has, but in all fairness, it's now 5:35am there, and I sent the email at like midnight his time... LOL
...and he has a lot of other stuff on his plate right now so patience is the word of the day.

Perhaps to your dive shop you could forward the information you've found out. (re the part number and models this tee fits.) The shop could have a second look and probably order the part and send it out with your regulator.

Good luck and keep us posted.

My apologies then. I've seen too many shops play fast and loose with the truth... I need to back off the suspicion!
Respectfully,
James

Oh, no offense taken, and I think that is often a fair assessment. We've definitely heard our share of LDS horror stories around here.
:cheers:

...and he has a lot of other stuff on his plate right now so patience is the word of the day.

Perhaps to your dive shop you could forward the information you've found out. (re the part number and models this tee fits.) The shop could have a second look and probably order the part and send it out with your regulator.

Good luck and keep us posted.

And yes, Bryan's plate is most definitely full. I'm not trying to bash on him, I'm a fan of VDH, and have been following his posts/updates. Hell, the whole industry is in a strange mix of busy/not-busy all while trying to figure out how to survive these current situations.... globally and domestically....

I've got an ongoing dialog with the tech who worked on the reg, we're looking for solutions. I felt it prudent to get the word out on SB as quick as possible, hoping that someone might happen to have one on hand and be anxious to get it off the shelves.

I will definitely keep this updated as new leads are explored. It may, eventually, help someone else in the future as well.

I've got an ongoing dialog with the tech who worked on the reg, we're looking for solutions. I felt it prudent to get the word out on SB as quick as possible, hoping that someone might happen to have one on hand and be anxious to get it off the shelves.

I'm pretty sure the exhaust tee @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose sell fits Conshelf and similar second stages.

You can add the AL Legend to the list of second stages that use the exhaust tee p/n 104102

I'm pretty sure the exhaust tee @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose sell fits Conshelf and similar second stages.

You can add the AL Legend to the list of second stages that use the exhaust tee p/n 104102

I'm thinking so as well. It's an external component which nearly all recent models of 2nd stages have, and it's in the best interest of the manufacturer to keep the attachment (tabs) the same... there's no real benefit in re-engineering the physical attachment (unless the previous design was shite, in which case, it should never have gone into production). The only potential changes between different series of 2nd stage, that I would assume, have to do with perimeter shape, internal diamater, and possibly curvature of the mating surface. Beyond that, whatever veining, angle of exhaust, or any other "selling points" are entirely moot with regards to my application.... [Just thinking out loud here, feel free to correct me. Just hoping that maybe this thread can help someone else in the future as well.]

My 14 y.o. uses SEA second stages (2nd generation of aqualung plastic 2nds, but predates your Titan). I'll take a look at that today, but I believe it is not compatible with the Conshelf exhaust T's.... which leads me to think your Titan may not be either. Just food for thought before you spend the money.

SEA second stages (2nd generation of aqualung plastic 2nds, but predates your Titan). I'll take a look at that today, but I believe it is not compatible with the Conshelf exhaust T's.... which leads me to think your Titan may not be either. Just food for thought before you spend the money.

Agree with the above. They have different shaped openings in the tees that fit over the different shaped flanges-and have different part numbers.

New development: I received a photo from the service tech, and again, he does state that it's mostly a cosmetic issue. But I'd still like it to be in the best condition possible. I've asked him for a slightly different angle photo, to show the mating surface/attachment tab.
Edit: Based on the serial number, it's a 2009 (?)
IMG_1583.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom