Aladin Prime won"t stay turned off...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral-Reefer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I turn my Aladin Prime off and it turns back on by itself with display 1-4 in the top left corner. The 4 flashes and then stops. Then I turn it off and a period of time later it turns on agfain. I haven't used the computer in a few months so their should not be any desat time left on it and I live at about 3,000' altitude and the flashing 4 indicates that I should not ascend above 13,120. OK, does it have to turn on and let me know I can't go above 13,000' and drain my battery? So, anyone know how to keep it turned off when not in use for long periods of time besides removing the battery?

Thanks!

Removing the battery would have been my guess. Have you called the manufacturer?

Mine is doing the same. Did you ever find the cause?

Went to the LDS today and discussed the issue. I mentioned that both of mine were doing it (One was purchased in 2005 and the other in 2008). I told him there was another owner that was having the same thing happen. He said he had sold hundreds of them and had never heard of that happening. He gave me a number, 1-800-GO SCUBA which I believe is Scubapro's tech number. I will call it next week and let you know what happens. My guess is they will want me to send it in.

I have a similar issue with my tec2g. I'll blow dry the leads and hang it up, and sometimes days later it still sits on (note I keep mine in gauge mode - it isn't counting down desat or something). I've taken to pulling the battery after dives. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I sent both of my Aladin Prime computers in for the same issue. I got a call today from the tech at Scubapro. I live at an altitude of 3750" ASL. The tech said that he tested both computers and they worked perfectly. He said that at my altitude if the barometric pressure changes the computers go into dive mode. He said all dive computers, at least the Scubapro Uwatec ones, would act the same way and that the only real solution was to remove the battery when there were going to be long periods between dives. I was lucky that I had the Aladin's because the battery is an off the shelf battery that I could change myself. If it had been one of the others with a built in lithium ion battery, I would be sending it in once a year or so to have them change the battery. That isn't so bad, really, because I think SP has a "batteries for life" program. So an annual battery repacement and check out during down time isn't too bad.

So, the mystery is solved and I will just remove the battery when I am not diving for a few weeks or so. I wonder if he went ahead and replaced my batteries? Hmmm, forgot to ask!

I sent both of my Aladin Prime computers in for the same issue. I got a call today from the tech at Scubapro. I live at an altitude of 3750" ASL. The tech said that he tested both computers and they worked perfectly. He said that at my altitude if the barometric pressure changes the computers go into dive mode. He said all dive computers, at least the Scubapro Uwatec ones, would act the same way and that the only real solution was to remove the battery when there were going to be long periods between dives. I was lucky that I had the Aladin's because the battery is an off the shelf battery that I could change myself. If it had been one of the others with a built in lithium ion battery, I would be sending it in once a year or so to have them change the battery. That isn't so bad, really, because I think SP has a "batteries for life" program. So an annual battery repacement and check out during down time isn't too bad.

So, the mystery is solved and I will just remove the battery when I am not diving for a few weeks or so. I wonder if he went ahead and replaced my batteries? Hmmm, forgot to ask!

I can vouch for this - my computers go on and off driving to / from Tucson, and sometime continuously if there are barometric changes.

So, as it turns out my computers are fine. Rats, I thought I had a reason to get a new one... Maybe one oaths integrated ones with the HD screen.

Whew... good thing I live near sea level (150 ft).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom