Aladin Sport won't connect to pc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Epicnemesis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone, first post on the forums, recently got my open water certification, fell in love with scuba diving, went out and bought some gear, and now digesting as much as I can about diving so I can get better.

I got an aladin sport because I was told it has a replacer battery, is a little easier to use compared to a single button computer, and basically does everything I would need a dive computer to do (not much fancy stuff going on here)

One thing I'm having trouble with is getting the damn thing to connect to the Logtrack software. I'm running Windows 10 and bought a generic IrDA dongle off of amazon. The computer sees the dongle, I'm pretty sure Logtrack sees the dongle, but the dongle won't connect to the sport. I keep trying to find a guide on how to get the two to play nice but googling is being tricky (it thinks I'm searching for Aladdin the Disney movie). Has anyone gotten this to work? Any particulars for me? Like where should I point the dongle to on the sport, how far it should be, etc.

I also read that people are struggling with IrDA and Windows 10, so I installed it on my wife's MacBook but it's still not finding the sport.

Also the software seems really out dated, is there a third party program that is better?

Thanks in advance!

Scubapro-DC-Aladin-Sport-500x500.jpg

This is the computer in question.

One thing I'm having trouble with is getting the damn thing to connect to the Logtrack software. I'm running Windows 10 and bought a generic IrDA dongle off of amazon.

So sorry, Epic, but the highlight is your problem.

Microsoft, in its assumption that it knows better than its users do, what the users need, removed the support for the IrDA comunications protocol. Yes, it recognizes the device, but it does not "know the language to speak", if you don't mind the analogy.

Many of us with the Uwatec line are frustrated and angry. However, Microsoft has an update in the works which is 11??? (we are on 10??? right now) which is supposed to support the IrDA stack.

Hang in there . . . or find previous versions of windows.

One thing I'm having trouble with is getting the damn thing to connect to the Logtrack software. I'm running Windows 10 and bought a generic IrDA dongle off of amazon. The computer sees the dongle, I'm pretty sure Logtrack sees the dongle, but the dongle won't connect to the sport. I keep trying to find a guide on how to get the two to play nice but googling is being tricky (it thinks I'm searching for Aladdin the Disney movie). Has anyone gotten this to work? Any particulars for me? Like where should I point the dongle to on the sport, how far it should be, etc.

I also read that people are struggling with IrDA and Windows 10, so I installed it on my wife's MacBook but it's still not finding the sport.

Also the software seems really out dated, is there a third party program that is better?

The current Windows 10 version does not support IRDA, but I'm running the latest insider preview and IRDA is working again in Windows 10. It is unclear when this update will be released to the public, but it should be included in the June/July update.

Diving Log 6.0 is a 3rd party program that can download your dive computer directly.

Yet another reason I would never upgrade to the "latest and greatest" version of Windows. I'm just migrating my desktop from Win XP Pro to Win 7 Pro. I did hear that there was a Win 10 driver now available for communicating with the Uwatecs but don't know where to find it. By the time I adopt Win 10 they'll probably have Win 15 out. I'm pretty sure I still have my Win 1 install floppy.

Yet another reason I would never upgrade to the "latest and greatest" version of Windows. I'm just migrating my desktop from Win XP Pro to Win 7 Pro. I did hear that there was a Win 10 driver now available for communicating with the Uwatecs but don't know where to find it. By the time I adopt Win 10 they'll probably have Win 15 out. I'm pretty sure I still have my Win 1 install floppy.

Bill, Microsoft includes IrDA stack communications protocols in its next major release of Windows 10, version 11###. I don't care enough to track releases anymore.

I uploaded the new version of Win 10 that supposedly allows IRda to work. BUT.....now Smarttrak won't work, although it does work under the current release version.
Win10 > not ready for prime time, that's for sure. All user are beta testers.

That's a pretty huge oversight on Microsofts part. Hard to believe that there isn't a person who worked on Windows 10 who doesn't have an IrDA device. I still think there is an element of user error going on on my part because I can't get it to work on my wife's MacBook either.

That's a pretty huge oversight on Microsofts part. Hard to believe that there isn't a person who worked on Windows 10 who doesn't have an IrDA device. I still think there is an element of user error going on on my part because I can't get it to work on my wife's MacBook either.

Not an oversight.

For people that are careless and leave IrDA on, it is a big security hole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom