Alcohol for nausea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I'm going out crabbing this weekend, and I want to try this. I can get seasick diving in Lake Tahoe, so rather than waste a patch, why not? Anyone have suggestions for a handy way to sniff propanol? I was thinking just some gauze in a ziploc baggie.

I've found not drinking the night before works far better than sniffing anything...
I've found that by the time I get to 60 or 80 feet deep, any hangover really softens up quite a bit.

I've found that by the time I get to 60 or 80 feet deep, any hangover really softens up quite a bit.

Yep, the increased PPO2 will do that. 100% demand O2 is good for hangovers too on the surface.:cool:

I'm interested in the isopropyl alcohol though.

Okay, I'm going out crabbing this weekend, and I want to try this. I can get seasick diving in Lake Tahoe, so rather than waste a patch, why not? Anyone have suggestions for a handy way to sniff propanol? I was thinking just some gauze in a ziploc baggie.

Gauze or cotton balls should work. Let us know!

I have never gotten seasick, however, I do get land-sickness the day after I get back from a liveaboard. I discovered that a couple drinks cures the queasiness and stops the room from moving. Now I plan on day drinking when I get home. If its not broke don't fix it.

Does inhaling alcohol fumes in any way increase your blood alcohol level?
If so, I'm thinking it's a very bad idea to do on a boat before diving...
Legitimately curious, don't have any experience with how that type of thing works.

Does inhaling alcohol fumes in any way increase your blood alcohol level?
If so, I'm thinking it's a very bad idea to do on a boat before diving...
Legitimately curious, don't have any experience with how that type of thing works.
It's isopropyl, aka rubbing alcohol, not ethanol. And I don't have the vapor pressure but there is not a significant quantity in the vapor. You'd need to ingest grams, and I bet you're only taking in milligrams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom