Aldora Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does Aldora also offer non-steel tanks? As in AL80's ??? I have sent a message to the Dive Op, however, I was just wondering if anyone here knows from experience. :)

Double S

Last edited:
I've only seen steel. We always talk about the 120s, but they also offer 100s and 80s. The 120s are tall and pretty heavy, but the 100s are pretty manageable, even for smaller folks. The 80s are small and pretty light. I can only get away with those shore diving in 12 fsw in front of the Villa.

divingjd, Thanks for the input
SS

De nada.

I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal for Aldora to have AL 80's available for you, that being said, HP steel 100's are sweet tanks, women especially seem to go all giddy over them! I'm betting a test dive with a HP 100 and you'll forget all about AL 80's. :)

Sue,

It is my understanding that Aldora does, in fact, provide aluminum 80's. All one needs to do is request them when booking and they'll provide them.

Also, they have Steel 80's. They look like big pony tanks. Much smaller than the Al80.

Of course if you choose an Al 80 (God forbid) when diving with Aldora you'll be the first one up. That's not good.

Are you having problems with their Steel 100's. We routinely have 80 / 90 minute dives with the Steel tanks and both of us use the 100’s. That's not becase of us but because everyone on the dive gets that numch time. Going from the aluminum to steel took us 1 dive to adjust.

Last edited:
I didn't know anyone in coz provided steel, let alone as the standard tank. I know who I'll be looking into for my next trip!

Sue,
Of course if you choose an Al 80 (God forbid) when diving with Aldora you'll be the first one up. That's not good.

Maybe not. Women often use mucho less air than guys. She might be fine with an AL80. If the air capacity of an AL80 is a lot less than a steel 80, then I would question if there is an issue with a steel 80 before going with an AL80.

Obviously its the Cf of the tank not the composition. But yes, for many women, an 80 will match a man on a 100, and some on a 120.

BTW, diving with them next month for the first time. I assume the valves are din?

And Double S. I am one of the female divers that love my steel tanks, both my 80's and 100's. For the size and weight distributation, I'll take a steel over alumnium every time...except for the al 63's I dive in Bonaire.

Of course, looking at your profile, I'm sure you already know all this.:)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom